Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As title. I changed to 15t front. Torqued it to 65ft/lbs When I was tightening the nut, the drive went backwards, I had to drop the wheel on the floor to get the torque right.

At the first attempt I dropped the bike too.

My last bike, honda cbr650f, the speed was way off.

This one just reads 0 at all times, I have check engine light, and no traction control on as well. I didn't touch anything else other than the front sprocket.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Sounds like a later third-gen R6. They're supposed to be OBD-II... which in theory means you should be able to pull codes by connecting an OBD-II reader.

I don't know the specifics of how the third gen R6 works. But many automobile ABS designs have a sensor monitoring a ring on the wheel. (the ring has holes/gaps/teeth and the ABS computer counts/monitors them)

Anyway, they may have tied all of your functions into the ABS computer... including traction control and speedometer.

Look for wiring going to the wheel hubs. Any damage to that wiring and you may have your answer.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
997 Posts
Abs tone rings feedback are for speedo, tract control and abs. My speedo didn't change with a 15/43... at 10k I went from 105mph to 110mph on my 2017. As to codes, there is a yami 3 wire to obd2 adapter that plugs into the covered port on left side of battery by frame. Then any basic code reader can tell you the issue. The abs light is on or goes it go off after rolling 10 feet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was 100% my rear speed/and sensor.

When I dropped the bike, I think my stand cut right into it.

Going to try for a solder first before I replace the $100 part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts