Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
XYZF-R6
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***Update*** Graves frame sliders, Woocraft GP lifters, and Woodcraft Super Bike Stand installed.

I love the Woodcraft GP lifters and stand! Both are of excellent quality!

Graves frame seem to be a high quality product. They're very easy to install, and fit perfectly on the bike. Both fairings need to be removed for installation. They're sticking out about 3/4 in. The diamond shape looks great on the bike, looks like a factory part. The design of the right side seems more robust than the left side. I believe this is due to the clearance needed for the fairing on the left side of the bike. Clearly shown in the pictures the right side has a much wider chuck of metal backing up the slider vs the left side.

Right side

Left side

Hi, new member here. Just purchased a new 2018 Matte Grey R6. Currently have about 100 miles on it, and I love it! I've ordered a few basic parts such as Greaves frame sliders, WoodCraft GP Lifters, WoodCraft Stand i'm still waiting on those parts, will follow up with pictures when they arrive and are installed. I have received and installed the Akrapovic GP slip on, Servo Buddy, New Rage Cycles Fender Eliminator, and ASV C5 Limited Edition Grey Levers. Just thought I'd show some pictures, everything is very easy to install with no issues. I love all the mods fender kit looks great, slip on looks and sounds wonderful, and love the ASV's of course the grey was meant to be.

Started with the New Rage fender kit.

Fender kit all done. Very straight forward, good quality, plug and play, a bit over priced IMO but i'm happy with it.

Also ditched the front reflectors.

Next was the Akrapovic GP slip on.

All finished with the exhaust, top quality, excellent fit and finish, sounds great, worth every penny, love it!

Next up the ASV C5 Limited Edition Grey set, sorry I got tired of taking pictures. The install was very straight forward and took about 10 minutes per side. ASV adjustable lever, what's not to love!!

I will update this tread when I receive and install the next parts. Thanks for looking guys!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congratulations on your beautiful bike! Those are some nice first mods that you're making. I have a 2017 matte black R6 and looking at the front of your bike makes me want to remove the white decals on mine...

·
XYZF-R6
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations on your beautiful bike! Those are some nice first mods that you're making. I have a 2017 matte black R6 and looking at the front of your bike makes me want to remove the white decals on mine...
Thank you! I took a long hard look at the 17 matte black R6, it sure looks bad ass! I was torn between the two, matte grey and matte black. If I had your bike the first thing I'd so is remove those white front decals.

·
Maui's First 2017 YZF-R6
65 Posts
It's a Good Looking Bike and Color. I have the 2018 Matte Grey Under Cowl and Rear Fairings on my 2017 Team Yamaha Blue. It flows well removing all the silver fairings.

·
XYZF-R6
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a Good Looking Bike and Color. I have the 2018 Matte Grey Under Cowl and Rear Fairings on my 2017 Team Yamaha Blue. It flows well removing all the silver fairings.
Thank you! I would love to see some pictures of your bike, sounds awesome!

·
My R6 eats chicken.
22 Posts
hey im curious, is the servo buddy completely necessary for a slip on? what happens if you dont use one?

Hi, new member here. Just purchased a new 2018 Matte Grey R6. Currently have about 100 miles on it, and I love it! I've ordered a few basic parts such as Greaves frame sliders, WoodCraft GP Lifters, WoodCraft Stand i'm still waiting on those parts, will follow up with pictures when they arrive and are installed. I have received and installed the Akrapovic GP slip on, Servo Buddy, New Rage Cycles Fender Eliminator, and ASV C5 Limited Edition Grey Levers. Just thought I'd show some pictures, everything is very easy to install with no issues. I love all the mods fender kit looks great, slip on looks and sounds wonderful, and love the ASV's of course the grey was meant to be.

Started with the New Rage fender kit.

Fender kit all done. Very straight forward, good quality, plug and play, a bit over priced IMO but i'm happy with it.

Also ditched the front reflectors.

Next was the Akrapovic GP slip on.

All finished with the exhaust, top quality, excellent fit and finish, sounds great, worth every penny, love it!

Next up the ASV C5 Limited Edition Grey set, sorry I got tired of taking pictures. The install was very straight forward and took about 10 minutes per side. ASV adjustable lever, what's not to love!!

I will update this tread when I receive and install the next parts. Thanks for looking guys!

·
XYZF-R6
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey im curious, is the servo buddy completely necessary for a slip on? what happens if you dont use one?
No it is not completely necessary. The servo cables are connected to the stock muffler can, so your options are:

#1 Remove everything as I did, getting rid of all unnecessary parts, install servo buddy.

#2 (This is what the directions say) Remove cables from servo motor but leave servo motor plugged in. I believe this may eventually burn up the motor as it's trying to work all the time. Then it would throw the engine light on the dash.

#3 Leave everything on the bike, servo motor with cables attached. Just zip tie or secure the cables some way.

Hope that helps!

·
scared of big tracks
8,492 Posts
Thanks!

What's the problem with ASV? Am I missing something? I've used them in the past and always loved the quality, ease of installation, fit and finish, never had an issue myself.
A few of the older members have had a not so pleasant experience with them and an old vendor. I will NEVER steer anybody towards either brand.
(Not going to list the vendor).

·
My R6 eats chicken.
22 Posts
Check out CRG levers. I've only owned ASV and CRG levers but it's been a positive experience!
I've read some comments in the reviews section about the breaks dragging with the CRG levers. Cheap levers i got off Amazon came with a scary warning about front wheel locking up.

Did you check for brake drag when you installed these on your R6? I do not have a jack/lift so I cant do this check right now and its making me wanna not install levers until i can do this check.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts