Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,
I replied to another topic but I wanted to get this in the general forum.

I have a 2018 R6 brand new from the dealer. I wanted Auto Blip and Quickshifter so my dealer recommended FTECU (which I regret ). I purchased it $800 wasted dollars just to find out it DOES NOT WORK on this model bike.

I have gone back and forth with FTECU and all they do is make me feel stupid and that I should just learn how to fix it. They are incredibly UNHELPFUL. Anyway, here is my experience

1. The black PULL side works but the red push side does not. No matter how you flip it GP shift etc only one side will ever work.
2. I checked continuity in every way possible and it mechanically works. It tones out from the shifter (up and down) all the way to the harness on the ECU.
3. I have flashed the ECU with multiple images, everything is enabled.
4. I have even loaded the stock image and tried to enable it with holding up the gear shift and did what motonosity has done.

I contend that this bike does not and will not see both side of the switch. I think it will only see pull (which makes sense because it does support QSS but it doesn't say it supports Auto blip)
But yet Auto blip works just fine when assigned to the pull side of the switch.

I am at my wits end and they refuse to refund the money or even provide quality support to help me.

now I will give the credit in that they did send out a new switch and we very nice at first but, as I checked all the things the blamed it on, things changed and the guy then gave me crap about how much time he spent dealing with me. After checking my phone logs I have spent 1 hour 16 minutes total on the phone with them.

So I will be moving on to Translogic as it bypasses the ECU. Ill keep y'all posted.

I will freely admit im wrong and apologize to FTECU if somebody can make this work. But im pretty sure that's not going to happen.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nothing but issues with mine... installed it last fall for 800$ and now the price has dropped also..

Been working with Kirk off and on, they don’t want to send me a new sensor because it is passing all the testing...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey guys, I am on a waiting list for warranty as FT is out of stock... Do you mind looking at my picture attached to double check everything looks okay? Whats driving me crazy is if i take the black shift knuckle off and flip it for "gp" shift pattern the blip feature works on up shifts but when i have the shift knuckle "standard" position it doesn't blip at all only the quick shift works...

i'm pulling my hair out with this one... i just want my 800$ back...

kirk from FT says it could be another 2-3 weeks for stock..

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hey guys, I am on a waiting list for warranty as FT is out of stock... Do you mind looking at my picture attached to double check everything looks okay? Whats driving me crazy is if i take the black shift knuckle off and flip it for "gp" shift pattern the blip feature works on up shifts but when i have the shift knuckle "standard" position it doesn't blip at all only the quick shift works...

i'm pulling my hair out with this one... i just want my 800$ back...

kirk from FT says it could be another 2-3 weeks for stock..

You have it installed just fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
All, here is a video explanation. This weekend or tomorrow I will take the tank off and show continuity checks etc and show exactly what is going on. There maybe some colorful commentary just be warned. I am a retired Navy Band Guitar player so......

·
PeanutEOD on YouTube
146 Posts
I was told by my tuner that there is some sort of code required in the ECU flash in order to enable the autoblip function. I’m actually shipping my ECU back to Atlanta this weekend so Huey can reflash it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was told by my tuner that there is some sort of code required in the ECU flash in order to enable the autoblip function. I’m actually shipping my ECU back to Atlanta this weekend so Huey can reflash it.

Yes there is. When you get your package it will have a card in it you scratch it off to get the code. When you load the unrestricted flash template provided in the FTECU software, you will have to go to the bottom of the list and you will see AutoBlip. Set that to Enable same with quick shift set that to enable. You will then get a pop up that says you need to register this before you upload (or something like that)

after it flashes your ECU the QS light will come on. but it won't work SUCKAAAA!!!!

:smile::crying::smile::crying::smile::crying:

·
PeanutEOD on YouTube
146 Posts
Yes there is. When you get your package it will have a card in it you scratch it off to get the code. When you load the unrestricted flash template provided in the FTECU software, you will have to go to the bottom of the list and you will see AutoBlip. Set that to Enable same with quick shift set that to enable. You will then get a pop up that says you need to register this before you upload (or something like that)

after it flashes your ECU the QS light will come on. but it won't work SUCKAAAA!!!!

:smile::crying::smile::crying::smile::crying:

Hopefully not. I’ll let you know how it goes, either way. Where are you state wise?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I’m still in the area, I might have to do that. I did the parade laps during MotoGP. That track was fun at 40mph. I can’t wait to hit it at speed.

I did it on a Ninja 650 LOL I was so slow on that bike. Thats when I realized I bought the wrong bike (noob) so august on the R6 with no QSS should be FRIGGN SQUIRT WORTHY..

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
it looks like they changed the sensor setup. It used to be 2 sensors and it worked.
And here I am whining about woolich racings software login issues. At least their hardware works lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts