Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
The bike is back and I had a chance to test out the new forks and revalved shock. Man, what a difference! Definitely much more front-end traction and predictability in the corners.

It did feel like the front end was a bit light so I'm working on setting up the chassis geometry right now for better turn-in.

In the meantime, I also acquired the velocity stack assembly off an 08/09 R6 to help boost the top end power. I'll be installing and heading back to my tuner sometime within the next couple of weeks. I'm expecting low 120s with the new tune (~114 right now).
all you have to do is swap what you have pictured?! that's pretty easy for a solid gain!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Pretty freaking sweet! Just a bit Jelly ;P

How is the backing-in part working for you? I didn't start riding until my 20's and I did try some dirt (XR250) to try to improve my riding, but I got hurt way more in the dirt than the track :)

I'm sure the other direction isn't as painful :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
all you have to do is swap what you have pictured?! that's pretty easy for a solid gain!!
Yup! It's a recommended mod by all the superstock racers in my area, as well as my tuner. I'll be putting it back on the Dyno for some tweaks afterwards since I'll probably need to adjust actuation points, otherwise it's a direct swap.

Pretty freaking sweet! Just a bit Jelly ;P

How is the backing-in part working for you? I didn't start riding until my 20's and I did try some dirt (XR250) to try to improve my riding, but I got hurt way more in the dirt than the track :)

I'm sure the other direction isn't as painful :)
It's something that's a lot of fun but really doesn't start happening until you gain speed and confidence. Forcing your bike to back-in will likely cause a crash rather than make you faster. Just keep on working on your corner entries and you'll start noticing your back end coming out eventually.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hope everyone is staying safe during the lockdown! I have a quick update on the bike as I'm slowly getting it ready for the 2020 race reason (if it ever happens at this rate).

I took the bike back to my tuner after installing the 08/09 velocity stacks and modifying the ram intake tract so that the restrictor plates are gone. On 92 pump (10% ethanol), I'm now making 118.7whp with a heavier Dunlop slick on the back. According to my tuner, if I had put the stock tire back on (S21) I'd be making low 120s as expected.

Some other mods that are getting added:
  1. CoreMoto ABS-delete race line kit with titanium fittings and banjos.
  2. FTECU ABS delete plug.
  3. Galespeed Elaborate VRE 19 master cylinder.
  4. TST Industries carbon front and rear fenders.
  5. Woodcraft ignition delete.
  6. Antigravity Lithium battery.
  7. Transponder
With just the battery and ignition delete, I took another 3lbs off the bike which is really impressive. Probably looking at another 2lbs or more with the ABS delete.

2021 Season Plans:
  1. Finally get the fairings painted (I know I'm slow lol)
  2. Get the motor refreshed and do a SS build on it (valve grind, cam timing, decked head, thinner head gasket, MR12). Shooting for low to mid 130s on this new motor.

·
Registered
257 Posts
deff post pictures of the core moto and abs pump delete. i just ordered my full kit from them and havent found much of a how to yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow. Do you have the part number for the older R6 velocity stack?

I had an '08 for 4 years and now have a '17 and it's definitely down on power (even with a full system/air mods). I'd love that grunt back.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts