Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
So my r6 started acting up. The speedometer lights up fine and all the functions work clock,rpm, tcs etc
Only the odometer and the speed isn’t working. What could it be? After looking at the service manual I see it’s all leading to the speed sensor on the front and rear wheel. Appreciate any help getting this sorted

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,058 Posts
Abs sensor handles speedometer.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,058 Posts
No. It should go off after you travel about 10 feet. If it is on, one of your wheel sensors is unhooked, or not the proper gap from the tone ring on the rim hub. The traction control should not be functioning as well since it gets input from the abs sensors to.compare for wheelies and burnouts.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. It should go off after you travel about 10 feet. If it is on, one of your wheel sensors is unhooked, or not the proper gap from the tone ring on the rim hub. The traction control should not be functioning as well since it gets input from the abs sensors to.compare for wheelies and burnouts.
Thanks a lot for the quick response. Yea it’s not recording the kms, even when on the stands. I spun the front wheel and tried to let the rear wheel spin in gear but nothing. Abs lights always on cuz the bike doesn’t know it’s moving 🤦🏽‍♂️😅

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,058 Posts
Check both sensors for damage to the magnets and the gap. I don't remember off hand. Need to find it in manual. It's about 1.5mm.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check both sensors for damage to the magnets and the gap. I don't remember off hand. Need to find it in manual. It's about 1.5mm.
I did more digging today. I noticed the sensor plates have a marking “B” (front wheel) and “c” ( rear wheel)
As per the manual they need to face outward. But mine were facing inward. So i flipped them but still the same issue.
the workshop that the bike was at removed the ABS module, installed normal race brake lines and put the sensor plate on the rims the other way round.
the ABS light is on but I’m not getting any fault codes. I spoke to the Yamaha shop and they said they don’t have a diagnostic tool for my bike. And apparently the ABS fault code needs to be reset and can only be done with the tool

Attachments

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,058 Posts
The abs pump.block is missing or unhooked? Then the system doesn't work due to that reason. Trace the rear brake line under the frame/battery area. If it doesn't have a big block with lines in and out of it, the module is gone.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The abs pump was unhooked and all the lines removed. Racing lines were fitted. They didn’t use the abs delete plug so I’m guessing that’s the only fix at the moment. Going to try going back to stock lines and try again

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,058 Posts
Yes the delete thing will fix the missing abs code. But the odometer speedometer I don't know if it will work.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes the delete thing will fix the missing abs code. But the odometer speedometer I don't know if it will work.
I connected the abs back to stock and now the abs light goes off as normal. But still the odo n kmh aren’t

1 - 12 of 12 Posts