Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My R6 stopped on an incline during traffic and was not starting up. The ignition lights were coming but the bike wasn't starting. I had ridden it for around 5 miles until that point and it was a bit heated due to multiple start and stops. I took it away from the incline but still the bike was not starting. Then I rode it down the slope and jump started it by putting it in 1st gear.
That day I just rode home and put the bike in garage.
Today (3 months later), I started the bike and it worked smoothly. I have just come back after riding it for nearly 1.5 hours (mostly in traffic).
Can anyone guide me on what could have been the issue with the bike that day when it wasn't starting? I don't think it's a battery issue since the bike started today (3 months later) without any issue. I'm a bit hesitant on taking it for a long ride for fear that it might stop again.
When I ride on rainy days, I can see smoke coming from the engine area. I'm not sure if that has something to do with this issue.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you guys.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Re rain, likely just steam; which is normal. is there an electrical smell? The backend on a lot of the OEM connectors are not sealed.

Monitor power levels at idle with both fans running for an extended time. It's possible that your stator just wasn't keeping up under those circumstances. Even without the fans running, available power may lower as the engine/stator heats up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts