Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! New to the forum.
I have a 2020 Yamaha r6 & it has an uncomfortable amount of throttle play before it actually engages. The 4th gen r6 does not have the normal throttle adjustment screw on the cable itself and cannot figure out how to take away some of the slack. Looking for any help! Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 Yellow Flame R6R
85 Posts
Your bike is drive by wire, meaning you have no throttle cable. The cable you see goes to a electronic motor and is just wires. There maybe a way to adjust it in your right hand throttle tube or ecu changes, but track guys can maybe chime in sure it’s been done.

·
COLOSSUS206
34 Posts
I have a 2017 and it’s the same throttle adjustment as yours. The throttle has 2 cables running to it. Pull the rubber boots back a bit and you’ll see the lock nuts. Losses those and you can make your adjustments as usual. It’s in the shop manual.
Even though the 2017 and up have throttle by wire, they have cables running to an electric motor which actuates the throttle plates. Thanks for playing…

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha R6
8 Posts
I have a 2017 and it’s the same throttle adjustment as yours. The throttle has 2 cables running to it. Pull the rubber boots back a bit and you’ll see the lock nuts. Losses those and you can make your adjustments as usual. It’s in the shop manual.
Even though the 2017 and up have throttle by wire, they have cables running to an electric motor which actuates the throttle plates. Thanks for playing…
Pull back the boot up on the top by the throttle tube and adjust there?
I just bought my 18 and on my 04 I adjusted it down by the throttle bodies, so I was hunting for the same kind of thing but it's not as accessible on this one.

·
COLOSSUS206
34 Posts
Pull back the boot up on the top by the throttle tube and adjust there?
I just bought my 18 and on my 04 I adjusted it down by the throttle bodies, so I was hunting for the same kind of thing but it's not as accessible on this one.
Font Handwriting Paper Paper product Document

·
COLOSSUS206
34 Posts
(y) Sorry it took so long but glad it was still valuable to you:). Stay safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts