Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I trying to install the Healtech Speedo Healer.
If there’s anyone out there that can help with some good instructions on how to install it, I would help out greatly.
I believe I’m following the instructions provided properly but it’s not working.
Every video I see and the instructions say to locate the 3 prong or 3 pole speed sensor.
My speed sensors have 2 poles and I don’t see any 3 pole or prong couplers that are having any effect on the speedometer.
Any help would be awesome.

·
Registered
2008 Yellow Flame R6R
116 Posts
When I installed my speedo DRD and gear Indicator on my 3rd gen bike it’s 3 wire. I think the 2 wire you see is the crank position plug. Not sure if the 4th gen is the same. If you disconnect the correct cable turn the key on and spin the rear wheel on a rear stand. If it doesn’t change it’s the right one. If you still see the speed it’s the wrong connector. IIRC it was on the right below the tank.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I installed my speedo DRD and gear Indicator on my 3rd gen bike it’s 3 wire. I think the 2 wire you see is the crank position plug. Not sure if the 4th gen is the same. If you disconnect the correct cable turn the key on and spin the rear wheel on a rear stand. If it doesn’t change it’s the right one. If you still see the speed it’s the wrong connector. IIRC it was on the right below the tank. View attachment 380059
So my instructions say almost the same thing. In order to find the correct wire, use a multi meter. Connect the ground to the batt and the other to either wire. Turn key to on position and spin the tire. The difference is, my instructions say if the voltage fluctuates then that’s the correct wire. If it does not fluctuate then it’s the incorrect wire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sprocket change on your bike will not have any affect on your speedo. It uses wheel speed sensors for that. All bikes will have some variance, but not enough to worry about. Why did you go 15/43? It's basically the same as you had at 16/45???
Font Screenshot Motor vehicle Advertising Brand

1 - 7 of 7 Posts