Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone with experience recommend a good starting point for fork oil level and fork height?

09 forks with 25mm kit
06 r6
180/55 rear
.9 springs
1309 fork oil
160lb rider
track only

Stock is 108mm and 180mm was recommended (seems a bit extreme but I wouldn't know) it's my first r6, please help

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
.9 is a pretty soft spring but is what i sometimes use at a flat flowing track with very little hard braking/no hard braking areas. i don't know what the 1309 fork oil is (we use ohlins 5wt) nor the 108mm part.. i'm not a suspension guy but have been around em a good while.

What do ya weigh and what level rider would you say you are ? I like my front to ride pretty low in the stroke. im around 200mm from the top with the spacer with rubber at both ends taken OUT while measuring. 180mm from the top isn't bad, especially if you measure with the spacer left in.

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
can anyone with experience recommend

180mm was recommended
Sounds like you already got a recommendation. Why not just start there and adjust accordingly?

If it were me I would be consulting with my local suspension tuning expert because I know his advice will be proper and trustworthy as opposed to any dude with an internet connection...

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
what he said, and a tip. it's easier to add 5ml of oil at a time if you are bottoming than it is to get oil out if the level is too high..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like you already got a recommendation. Why not just start there and adjust accordingly?

If it were me I would be consulting with my local suspension tuning expert because I know his advice will be proper and trustworthy as opposed to any dude with an internet connection...
I am. But I wanted to hear what guys out there are doing also...

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,254 Posts
I usually start that generation of fork around 120mm depending on how the spring stacked up for the rider. If the spring was a little stiffer I drop it. If the spring is a little less stiff, I raise it.

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,254 Posts

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,254 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts