Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I'D RATHER BE RIDING
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's exactly how far I can go on my 09 R6 after the fuel light comes on before she goes NO MORE. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
i wish i knew how far i could go with my light on for my 03 r6

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
At least ya know!

·
Super Mod
1,289 Posts
no you dont, thats one thing you DONT want to find out

·
Make noise.
12,089 Posts
did you start this thread on your walk for gas?
:laugh

Seriously, that sucks man. At least you know. When I see that light come on, I get my a$$ to a gas station, pronto!

·
click, click, vroom!
872 Posts
topsub said:
i know i can go at least 24 on my '03 when i keep it under 8k, not sure what the max miles are though. i don't plan to find out. :fact

·
R stands for RaceBike
9,022 Posts
i got 32 out of mine and was able to get to the station

·
loves riding his 6
802 Posts
yea the furthest ive gone was around 14 miles.... dont want to find out either.. soon as i see the light, i find the nearest gas station...

·
I'D RATHER BE RIDING
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
did you start this thread on your walk for gas?
:D

I actually was going away for a couple of weeks and was trying to hold off on putting gas in it so it would be kind of empty while I was gone. Pushed it a little to far and she said "I quit". I was only about 3 miles away from the house. Called the wife and she brought me the gas can with about two gallons in it. I always wanted to know anyhow so now I know. It was a little disturbing having my bike parked on the side of a busy highway. I cringed every time a car went by just hoping that no one veered off and hit it. That was the only part that sucked.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
:D

I actually was going away for a couple of weeks and was trying to hold off on putting gas in it so it would be kind of empty while I was gone. Pushed it a little to far and she said "I quit". I was only about 3 miles away from the house. Called the wife and she brought me the gas can with about two gallons in it. I always wanted to know anyhow so now I know. It was a little disturbing having my bike parked on the side of a busy highway. I cringed every time a car went by just hoping that no one veered off and hit it. That was the only part that sucked.
I know what you mean, I pulled over and checked my phone for GPS to see if I was headed the right direction. Every time a car passes by (about 1 am in the morning on the freeway headed out of town no lights) there was a giant blast of wind as cars were going 85+.

I got 34.3 mi on reserve while going on the freeway 2 days ago. Scary moment... I pulled over next exit and found a gas station.

·
Get'n Lucky -n- Kentucky
800 Posts
sheww i was at 27 something and pulled into the station. Must have been cuttin her close!

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
I think people underestimate how far this bikes can go on reserve. If my light comes on, ive never thought "Oh shoot I gotta find some gas asap!" Ill just get some when its convenient . Like if it comes on going to work, then ill get some on the way home. The manufacture's aren't gonna only give you a couple miles once the light comes on, they know you might be miles before you can find a gas station.

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
thats about how far mine will go too, ~25 miles, but I never had to walk thus far, lol. It depends on what mods you have. I have full exhaust, block-off plates and bazzaz z-fi and I can get ~25 miles after fuel light comes on. Mileage is ~35mpg still better than my car and truck. I get gas atleast 20 miles after light comes on to be on the safe side.

·
I'D RATHER BE RIDING
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thats about how far mine will go too, ~25 miles, but I never had to walk thus far, lol. It depends on what mods you have. I have full exhaust, block-off plates and bazzaz z-fi and I can get ~25 miles after fuel light comes on. Mileage is ~35mpg still better than my car and truck. I get gas atleast 20 miles after light comes on to be on the safe side.
Yeah I'm all stock except for a K&N air filter. Probably has a little bit to do with riding style to. I would assume that riding at gentle rpm would get you a little further but I'm not willing to try.:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts