Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BELOW M3
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Ninja edit* the 26 in the title should be 2G lol, I don't want 26 headlights rofl.

I'm sure people that have done "dual" headlight mods have done this but...

Can I replace the high beam "projector" with the low beam one? (Is it plug and play?)

I'm going to buy another headlight to fix a lens problem, and I'm wondering if I could take the low beam out of it and put it in the high beam.

The reason I would like to do this is I replaced my high beam with a 3500k HID.

I only run it during the day, but if I could put it in a low beam projector and run it aimed way down, that would rule. (Think yellow fogs on a car.)

I run the yellow during the day because it really grabs your eye. I don't run it at night because I don't want to blind people. Also, I no longer get people telling me I have a headlight out haha.

I don't use my high beam ever, so I'm not worried, the 55w 6k HID in my low beam is bright enough for the darkest country roads outside of Gainesville...

Here are some pictures: (Please note that since taking these pictures I have aimed my high beam all the way down)

It would be pretty awesome to have two cut-offs, one yellow and one white!

Can you imagine me driving at you at night with that unadjusted like that haha? Like the fn sun!

Even adjusted all the way down, with nothing to aim the light, it still goes everywhere, just not as bad. So if I want to use this light at night, a projector would be needed.

Yeah, I imagine a white cutoff and a yellow cutoff a couple feet below the white one would look pretty cool.

·
is it riding time yet....
216 Posts
are saying put a low beam bulb in place of ur high beam one? cause thats not how it works there is no plug n play system to create that. The cutoff shields are what create your low beam not the actual bulb as well as the bulbs housing is different for low and high beams. And in order for you to have your white and yellow look ud need more than two bulbs. anything relating to projectors or headlight stuff find a way to get a hold of misterjj he is the guru on here and idk if i even helped with what you were looking for.

·
Shake & Bake!!
2,676 Posts
Clawhammer41, unfortunately I can't help you with your question.. however I just wanted to say I love your signature. I LOL'd so hard.

·
.:hmmmm
136 Posts
+1 on the sig!

·
BELOW M3
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha thanks guys, I found the pic online and resized it and added the text, so I can't take all the credit. I like the avatar I made better hahaha.

rob, no that didn't help at all lol. I want to take the low beam projector housing out of a broken headlight, and replace my current high beam with that low beam, giving me 2 low beams and no high beams.

I guess since no one knows I'll just try it and report back. Well I'm sure people know, they just aren't reading this. Like I said, I'm pretty sure when people do "dual headlight mods" they probably do this. I've got a parts headlight on the way.

·
R-E-S-P-E-C-K-T-T
2,872 Posts
Look at the bright side (no pun intended), when people see that bright light behind them they'll get out of your way real fast :fact

·
Registered
7 Posts
You have to take the cutoff out of a donor "low beam/left side" headlight and JBWeld it into the "high beam/right side" of your existing headlight. I think this is what you are referring to.

I don't have any pictures, but you need to take the headlight completely apart in order to find the cutoff. It's a little piece of half moon shaped plastic that you just need to dremel out and then glue in your existing headlight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts