Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Forum Moderator
3,107 Posts
What type of riding do you do? They will last about the same length as the regular Pilot Powers since the middle is the same. It's all relative to you're type of riding.

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
What type of riding do you do? They will last about the same length as the regular Pilot Powers since the middle is the same. It's all relative to you're type of riding.
Agreed.

My experience with the michilins are they take too long to heat up and they over heat too quickly(meaning they have a small optimum running temp window). I do not think they are worth the money. My suggestion would be the Corsa III's if you want a dual compound tire, but overall the Bridgestone BT-002 R/S are the best tires out right now for the money. You can get a set from Compacc.com for $230.00 shipped.

·
I eat R6s... 07 R1
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the riding i do is not on the track. I do alot of everyday riding - non aggressive. I also go out on the weekends for some aggressive stuff but nothing like track. I feel comfortable with the softer tires when leaning. Im interested in getting the pp 2ct's but jees! Tires bought and mounted are $375 at the cheapest possible deal. Its just nuts. The rears i only get 1.5 seasons out of, the fronts maybe 2. (when i ride pp or dun 208s)

·
Get on it
321 Posts
i would buy another set of rims. put some straight race tires on some and some street tires on the others.
i have some 2cts i put on last saturday. i like them alot better than the regulars.
i mount my own tires. i got the set for 265 shipped and no they were not old. they were made the second and third week in 08.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
You would be better served by the Pilot Road 2 if you really just like Michelin or the Bridgestone BT021 (about half the price of the Michelins). The new sport-touring tires have a lot more grip than you'll ever need for street riding. They can actually hold up to a novice trackday without any trouble. Best of all, they will last longer on the boring stuff.

The newer sport-touring tires are dual compound with a harder center for miles and softer sides for grip.

·
I eat R6s... 07 R1
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would buy another set of rims. put some straight race tires on some and some street tires on the others.
i have some 2cts i put on last saturday. i like them alot better than the regulars.
i mount my own tires. i got the set for 265 shipped and no they were not old. they were made the second and third week in 08.
where'd you get that price?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I love my 2ct's. I did 2 track days with them and they held up great. I'd like to try the new Pirelli Rosso dual compound next. I met Pirelli's head of marketing in Daytona and he mentioned that the Rosso tyre was specifically designed for the 600's. I hear great things about Pirelli rubber... They're the sole tyre used in WSBK.

*Semi-Naked guy alert*

Italian production... go figure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HduSdIM3IkE

·
best used over 10,000rpm
269 Posts
Ive ridden a few bikes with the 2cts on, never had a problem.

My r6 has the supercorsa pro's on it now.

Pirelli also run the british superbike championship, as a sole supplier.

·
I eat R6s... 07 R1
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love my 2ct's. I did 2 track days with them and they held up great. I'd like to try the new Pirelli Rosso dual compound next. I met Pirelli's head of marketing in Daytona and he mentioned that the Rosso tyre was specifically designed for the 600's. I hear great things about Pirelli rubber... They're the sole tyre used in WSBK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HduSdIM3IkE
i stopped watching the link when i saw the naked guy- thanks for the warning!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts