Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running the 2ct f/r ,rear 180 on my r6 trackbike w/ warmers and love them so far:D. I also haven't tried any others on it yet so that ain't saying much.

What I am having a problem with is I decided to try a set on my Busa, rear 190. I have heard they weren't much in the wet and I just want you to know they are by far the worst tire on I've had on a bike in the rain or close to it in 30+ yrs of riding. Down right scary:mad:. Changed pressures everything.

But here's the big question, has anyone running the 190's seeing a funny(not) seam show up on their 190's. I've had none on the 180's. It's very weird. It is just to the left of center. It's like a ridge with the outside higher and the "seam" like a little valley. And not perfectly straight. It goes around most of the tread/grove but is uniformed. My front is doing it slightly too???

I know some of the other dual compound tires will have this but this seems to close to the center for where the compounds join.

Any thoughts??? Busa to heavy for these??? Common on the street??? Or the big one, SAFE??? Thanks.....

·
Tight-N-UP
106 Posts
I just bought a set for my 99 r6. How are they holding up on ur r6? This is the first bad review i have heard of these. All i have heard is how people swear by these tires.

·
Registered
23 Posts
They had a big recall on the 2CT's a while back! I had a set I had to take back to the dealership and swap out! I'd definitely check into it!

·
best used over 10,000rpm
269 Posts
They was a major recall in the uk on these, when a front tyre exploded, it spilt where the different sections join together.
The guy was on a cbr600rr.
You guys need to check with the dealer you got them from, as it was certain date codes that were affected.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just bought a set for my 99 r6. How are they holding up on ur r6? This is the first bad review i have heard of these. All i have heard is how people swear by these tires.
My r6 is track only with only a couple of track days on these (dry) and they feel awesome. I really lov'em. Thing feels like it on a rail and the wear seems like it is going to be good to. I'll be on the 29,30 & race 31. I don't think they'll make it that far but I have acouple of sets of Pilot races to go on for later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As for the recalls I will be checking it out for sure! Thanks for the info. I showed them to my dealer and they were going to call on them and find out but no word back. It has only been a day or two but I think I'll have to push alittle. Thanks again. Any other info gladly accepted.

Ps as far as the rain, at 75-80 mph the front end was washing to the outside of the corners 2-3 FEET, Yes feet. Bars were just dancing in my hands as they slipped, caught, slipped, caught. I tried pressures from 38psi down to 33. Any suggestions I'ld try because I really like them in the dry. But I do a lot of wet at times and I need some thing that is alittle more stable. Liked M3's, Roadtec's are great in the rain loaded but empty or in the dry lift alittle to be desired I thought. M1's were also good but liked the M3 better. Of course the busa is a 500#er. Thanks again guys

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also it's still cold up here in maine. Pavement is some chilly still and I've heard they don't like to be cold. Cold and wet might be just bad for them. As the roads warm up they may get better.

·
black is the fastest
59 Posts
i dont know about you but i love my 2cts in the rain
i have a 190/55 on my r1
i personally run the tire pressure at 28 in the front and 30 in the rear and they grip tons better imo

i hated my tires at 38 psi and they would overheat on me in the dry when i ran them hard

just my .02 but take it easy to test out the tires first

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dont know about you but i love my 2cts in the rain
i have a 190/55 on my r1
i personally run the tire pressure at 28 in the front and 30 in the rear and they grip tons better imo

i hated my tires at 38 psi and they would overheat on me in the dry when i ran them hard

just my .02 but take it easy to test out the tires first
ya running 30/30 for the r6 on the track. Little soft for the road and the busa, big bike you know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great tire. Call the tire company and ask them for the best advice for your bike.
Was over at WERA & NESBA. Seems that Mich rep. Sez cold and wet bad for the 2ct. I'll have to call on the specs. on the busa. 'Cause they rock on the r6!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts