Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
DILLIGAF
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys? i dont know much about tires so i feel like im asking a dumb question lol but i am thinking about getting a set of 2ct's for my 08 and i just have seen alot of people having them on their track bikes.....will they last long on the street? bc thats all i do is street ridin so someone help me ! lol thanks!

·
Registered
644 Posts
They have dual compound so the center part of the tire that you'll be on will last plenty long. Unless you're doing really aggressive street riding, I would go with the regular Pilot Powers b/c they're cheaper and you won't need that softer shoulder section of the 2 Ct's.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
I had about 6000 miles on a set of Pilot Powers on my 2005 GSXR600. I only took them off because I was getting ready for a trackday. I think they would have lasted at least another 2000 miles, probably longer.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had a 2CT rear and it lasted 9km. I like to think I gave it some punishment to. The center chewed out from alot of highway k's. The edges were great, they never faulted. I wore it down to a nub with still fairly good traction allowing for knee down.

Id buy one over the powers based on the center wears alot better than most tyres.

·
1,309 Posts
The center of the 2CT is the same compound as the center of the regular Pilot Power. In fact, on the PP2CT, only the last inch or so of tread has the softer compound. That's why it really isn't worth it for street riders who are sane.

·
Registered
119 Posts
^^ your right, just noting that the powers wear really well, albeit it the power or 2CT

When I use to get the 2CT really hot you could see the softer and harder compounds where they joined. I would have said it was more than 2cm though, more like 4....

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
Some people will advice you to run the same tires on the street as you do the track. That will allow you to setup your bike's suspension for those tires, and you will learn those tires while you are riding. Some people get only 3K off a set of track tires, while others can get twice that. I think somebody already said it depends on how aggressive you ride.

·
DILLIGAF
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea just go to the "trucks i used to have" album in my myspace pics lol i just sold that truck. im about to lay out the white GMC on 24s thats in my pics....myspace.com/dragnby

·
Will work for track time
19,491 Posts
The center of the 2CT is the same compound as the center of the regular Pilot Power. In fact, on the PP2CT, only the last inch or so of tread has the softer compound. That's why it really isn't worth it for street riders who are sane.

I disagree. They are lot softer then the regular pilot powers. I feel much more confident on the 2cts on the street and the track. I have done 1 trackday on the 2cts and I still have plenty of tread left.

·
Shred til your Dead
476 Posts
This rear tire saw four 20 minute sessions at vir south on an 06R6 and it has lost 1 mm of tread on the center and 2mm on the sides. The wheel laying next to it ran eight 20 minute sessions on one day and four the next on an 01R6. It lost 2mm in the center and 2mm on the sides but did not shred like the o6 did. Both bikes are on CF rims and TI sprung ohlins shocks.

·
Born 2 Ride YAMAHA
788 Posts
Lift your truck. Fat chicks can't jump By the way go with the regular pilot power's Your gonna waste your money if you buy the CT's

·
Will work for track time
19,491 Posts
Lift your truck. Fat chicks can't jump By the way go with the regular pilot power's Your gonna waste your money if you buy the CT's
Wow.. You really are an idiot aren't you?

That is 2 times I have seen dumb ass remarks by you. Grow up.

O yea, and by the way... Coming from someone that has ran regular pilot powers 3 times and then switching to 2cts, you are NOT wasting money by getting the better, stickier, 2cts.

·
DILLIGAF
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lifted trucks are for guys who have to have a big truck to make up for their little dicks.....it takes 10 times the fabrication and work to make a truck with 22" wheels lay the door on the ground that it does to BOLT on a lift! F u dude, go to a lifted truck forum or something

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
lifted trucks are for guys who have to have a big truck to make up for their little dicks.....it takes 10 times the fabrication and work to make a truck with 22" wheels lay the door on the ground that it does to BOLT on a lift! F u dude, go to a lifted truck forum or something
:werd I HATE!!! when people say that ignorant shit!:cuss:cuss:cuss

I know all to well what you mean man. I've got a 91 Sdime 2.8ltr. That truck was fallin apart when I got it. Now I just gotta finish this deployment so I can throw dem dere airbagz in dat dere suspensionz.:lmao

·
1,309 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts