Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if there's already a threat for this but I cannot do a clutch up in 2nd.. I can do them just fine in 1st which is way sketchy to be honest but I just wanna hear if you guys have any tips for me that might help me out. I'm on an 07 R6

·
i love my R6
80 Posts
I'm not sure if there's already a threat for this but I cannot do a clutch up in 2nd.. I can do them just fine in 1st which is way sketchy to be honest but I just wanna hear if you guys have any tips for me that might help me out. I'm on an 07 R6
how much throttle? and where are you sitting?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here is the universal answer for this; if you cant get the front wheel up GIVE IT MORE GAS! Seriously thats the only reason why you cant get the wheel up..

·
Registered
70 Posts
So the way I do my 2nd gear clutch ups is I go about 50mph indicated on my speedometer, then I two finger clutch pop. Generally, you should work your way up the rev range when practicing wheelies. For example. When going 50mph in second, you should be around 8k rpm. So rev the engine up to about 9k when you are in the pop the clutch/rev motion. Then let your revs progressively get higher as you get more comfortable with the feeling of doing wheelies. My bike is set up to where I can do 2nd gear power ups when I have about 29psi in my rear tire. But then again I also have either a 15/45 or 15/48. I can't quite remember at this point in time. But it is definitely torquier than stock gearing.

P.S. I also have gotten two 3rd gear stand up wheelies with this gearing. The both times I nearly shit myself lol. Good luck and stay relatively safe.

·
2005 R6
65 Posts
I start my 2nd gear clutch ups at about 6k rpm, and pop the clutch at 12k rpm. Gives me plenty of time to continue to ride it out. Practice practice practice and cover that rear brake. Depending on how worn your clutch is you might have to raise the rpm's higher before you drop the clutch

https://youtu.be/j64PiV-83Cw?t=5m22s

1 - 10 of 10 Posts