Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
thats around the right revs...plus or minus. just experiment and keep that back brake covered.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
I'm at 6 or 7 when i clutch up to about 12-13 and hold it steady at about 8

·
Registered
316 Posts
when i clutch it @ 7 in second, it doesn't even come up if I rev it to 16. Unless you bounce it or somth. In 1st it would come up.

·
Registered
175 Posts
When i do clutch ups i usually dont look at the tach. U should really be concentrating on the wheelie and looking at the road. If u are sitting ther starring at the tach trying to hit those exact rpm its not gonna work well.. atleast thats the conclusion i have come to.

·
Registered
71 Posts
what do you mean by keep the back brake covered?
he means keep your right foot over your back brake in case you jump the front up too high you can tap the back brake so tha you dont loop it. honestly i wheelie everyday and i have a bunch of friends that can ride wheelies for miles and none of them even use the back brake at all becuase the engine braking is sufficient enough... but be safe and learn to cover the back brake

·
Registered
3 Posts
he means keep your right foot over your back brake in case you jump the front up too high you can tap the back brake so tha you dont loop it. honestly i wheelie everyday and i have a bunch of friends that can ride wheelies for miles and none of them even use the back brake at all becuase the engine braking is sufficient enough... but be safe and learn to cover the back brake
cool thanks thats what i figured. never heard that phrase before going on this forum. i hate newbe questions but i had to ask. thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts