Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4/20/2008

It was pretty windy and fairly cold (about 49*) but that was actually a lot better then what was forcasted...

All in all, it was a great day, i learned more and had a blast. Here are some pics of my day...

constructive critisism is always welcome. I was really concentrating on looking through the corners and better body position. I know i need to get my head down lower to where my mirror would be... I sure as hell tried and it felt like it, these pictures show me the truth though! I cant wait until my next one to get better and better.

Hope you enjoyed my weekend of pics :popcorn::popcorn:

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
nice pic...how tall are ya?
your freakin draggin your knees without even leaning off your bike.
doesn't look like there was hardly anyone on the tracks.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am 6ft 185lbs

It was nice, i rode C group and got out before anyone else in the sessions (15 riders a group) and was all alone except my buddies most of the laps and the day.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
only 15 riders a group?
thats nothing...lucky
i remember going on the track with 30 in the C group....is that Reno fernly ?
that track is hella fun 32 turns......something perfect for a 600cc.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it is nice when its a small event, i like that more...
Its is Reno-Fernley Raceway... They were running config C which is like 3 miles, it was a blast! You are vlose, you should try to make one with some of us.

·
Forum Moderator
3,110 Posts
Body position big time!!! Get your chest down to wards the tank. Head needs to be lower. Ben the elbows more. As you make your turns your head needs to out next to where the mirror would be as said above. In pic 2 pin the outside leg to the bike while leaning your butt off in the other direction. Forget about tying to drag a knee. Just work on body position and being smooth. Once you get this down it will all fall in place. It just takes time.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ Thanks , i got over dragging knee my first day, it came natural yesterday, although way mroe comfortable on the left turns then the right. Not sure why that is... my pucks tell the story

Practice make perfect, i just wish it wasnt so few and far between.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Great pics, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
looks like you had fun.

·
Track addict!
96 Posts
Body position big time!!! Get your chest down to wards the tank. Head needs to be lower. Ben the elbows more. As you make your turns your head needs to out next to where the mirror would be as said above. In pic 2 pin the outside leg to the bike while leaning your butt off in the other direction. Forget about tying to drag a knee. Just work on body position and being smooth. Once you get this down it will all fall in place. It just takes time.
What's up Randy? Guess you'll be seeing me over here more often now that I got my R6! :)

·
MITICO
437 Posts
Great pics, let me ask you: did you have someone you know take these shots of you, or do track days have designated photographers that just snap shots of everyone and then you find them and get your pics? Everyone keeps posting shots of their riding to get advice about riding position, I was just never sure about who was taking the shots, thanks guys

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice pics!!!! looks like fun. i have never done it. i have to get out for some track days.
There is nothing like riding on the track, i dont ride street very often because it just doesnt compare to the feeling of the track.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great pics, let me ask you: did you have someone you know take these shots of you, or do track days have designated photographers that just snap shots of everyone and then you find them and get your pics? Everyone keeps posting shots of their riding to get advice about riding position, I was just never sure about who was taking the shots, thanks guys
Most organized trackdays will have a photographer, i think i got 40 high def pics on a CD for $40... Pretty legit deal really.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I cant wait to goto the track in june, its my first time and i want to get some pics as well

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
There is nothing like riding on the track, i dont ride street very often because it just doesnt compare to the feeling of the track.
thanks for the tip. i gotta do it. it sounds awsome.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts