Votes: 20 19.8%
  • red powdercoat with black mid fairing and black tank cover

Votes: 43 42.6%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well heres three photoshops that were done by mavric who did an excellant job.

red powdercoat only...

red powdercoat with painted black mid fairing piece only...

red powdercoat with painted black mid fairing piece and tank cover...

let me know what everyone thinks. i think it looks good and it would stand out a bit. open to any other suggestions.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i considered blue. then saw a 636 ninja silver with red flames and red rims. and red and silver just sold me right then and there. thank you though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i like the 3rd one.. the black on the tank offsets the mid fairing nicely i think.. only thing i would change would be black on the passenger pegs.. and add some red pazzo's :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have black pazzos.. prob just have them powder coated. yeah maybe the rear would look good in black. hard to tell which would be better.

im leaning towards the 3rd one, i have a black windscreen and some other stuff. think itd flow really well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have black pazzos.. prob just have them powder coated. yeah maybe the rear would look good in black. hard to tell which would be better.

im leaning towards the 3rd one, i have a black windscreen and some other stuff. think itd flow really well.
more photoshops!! :lmao

keep playing with the colors till you find something that will make you go :nocontrol lol i'm still liking the 3rd one overall though.. as the guys previously said.. the lines on it look really good

·
"The Bolt"
915 Posts
i like the 3rd one.. the black on the tank offsets the mid fairing nicely i think.. only thing i would change would be black on the passenger pegs.. and add some red pazzo's :)
I'm with krimzon .. do the rear sets black ... That is going to look sexy

·
Registered
49 Posts
why powder coat? its aluminum right? anodize it and slap a coat of clear over it. makes it look much much better. can do more effects with anno too. matte, glossy, different colors on the same piece, lots of stuff

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah third one it is. i have "r6" heal guards i want them red to stand out there hard to see with the swingarm right behind them. i have black pegs for me and the passenger so i thought the red brackets would be nice.

i was considering fire engine red, but i really like candy apple with plenty of flake.

i was pretty convinced before making this thread, i just wanted to make sure i wasnt making the bike look gay or ricey or w.e you call it. wanted to make sure it looked decent. thanks everyone, ill have real pics of it when i get it all done. trying to figure out turn around time on powdercoating before i go and do it in the middle of riding season.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i want to powdercoat the rims and rearsets because they are areas that get niked often. ive heard, seen, and been told if i paint the rims and rearsets ill see chips a lot faster than if i powdercoated. powdercoating isnt going to cost to much, and they can also do about any color.

EDIT: oh by the way sprockets and 520 chain getting installed now... any one got a how-to on the speedohealer?

·
Super MOD
4,915 Posts
i want to powdercoat the rims and rearsets because they are areas that get niked often. ive heard, seen, and been told if i paint the rims and rearsets ill see chips a lot faster than if i powdercoated. powdercoating isnt going to cost to much, and they can also do about any color.

EDIT: oh by the way sprockets and 520 chain getting installed now... any one got a how-to on the speedohealer?
just having the red heal guards will look out of place.

speedohealers come with directions its not hard. thats if you got the plug'n' play one so you dont havta splice and solder any wires

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.