Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
My R6 ate me
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one got pics of yellow hids? I belive there 3000K, how is the visability at night? I just wanna make sure I can see I have 6000k on my car and the visibility is amazing!!! And is yellow illegal? Thanks fellas

·
My R6 ate me
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
???

·
Ur mom doesnt fit on back
247 Posts
never seen 3000k on a bike. have to imagine it is less visable (unless you ride in the fog and rain) than 6000k since there is less useable light. samething with the real blue hids.

·
Kasanova
387 Posts
head on:

top angle:

Video:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Edit: deleted before I make myself look like a dumbass :lmao

·
Kasanova
387 Posts
never seen 3000k on a bike. have to imagine it is less visable (unless you ride in the fog and rain) than 6000k since there is less useable light. samething with the real blue hids.
wrong, light output and Kelvin Color temperature are inversely proportional. Lower Kelvins have HIGHER light outputs. Hence why Le Mans series racing requires Yellow headlights.

·
My R6 ate me
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks alot gentelmenn i gotta silver 08 to really wanna get the yellow hids now

·
Kasanova
387 Posts
thanks alot gentelmenn i gotta silver 08 to really wanna get the yellow hids now
same bike as me. Put those lights in and de-badge the bike, you'll get alot of "hey nice bike, those lights are hot!"

·
Registered
290 Posts
wrong, light output and Kelvin Color temperature are inversely proportional. Lower Kelvins have HIGHER light outputs. Hence why Le Mans series racing requires Yellow headlights.
This is only partially true. Yes a lower kelvin number such as 4300k compared to 6000k will have a higher light output. But there is a threshold where the lower number begins to also have a lower light output. 4300k is right at where you get maximum light output. Anything higher or lower will give you less light. 3000k HID's are almost in the realm of standard halogen bulbs.

·
My R6 ate me
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
same bike as me. Put those lights in and de-badge the bike, you'll get alot of "hey nice bike, those lights are hot!"
what kind of bulb do our bikes use? and wehred you get ur hids from?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I want 3000k or 4300k on my bike. with the blue and white scheme i think yellow will look sweet. but also want the most light output without looking like a tool with white/blue lights.

·
12,482 Posts
3000K is NOT illegal.... the installation of aftermarket HID kits is illegal tho...

That being said, I've got the 3000K kit for both bulbs... it's FANTASTIC for night riding and bad-weather riding (rain, fog).

I had it on both R6's.... I'll always have them on my bikes.

·
Ur mom doesnt fit on back
247 Posts
3000K is NOT illegal.... the installation of aftermarket HID kits is illegal tho...

That being said, I've got the 3000K kit for both bulbs... it's FANTASTIC for night riding and bad-weather riding (rain, fog).

I had it on both R6's.... I'll always have them on my bikes.
partially true. its illegal without the use of projectors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts