Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Great!
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an LED for the 3rd eye light on my 08 r6. I seen a "how to" on it but it was for an 06-07 r6. which is totally different from the 08*unfortunately* but what i heard is that i have to take the headlight housing apart to be able to get into the 3rd eye light. Did anyone do this on their 08? Any tips, tricks, and links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
From what I heard the 08 doesn't even have the wiring in place. And yes, everyone says getting the headlight housing apart is a pain in the ass.

·
Living between the cars
8,630 Posts
I did it. I did not take the housing apart that stores the third eye light. I did have to remove the headlight assy. Once that is done its easy as pie.

·
Great!
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did it. I did not take the housing apart that stores the third eye light. I did have to remove the headlight assy. Once that is done its easy as pie.
dang, i envy lol what u did to yours looks sickk. It would be great if u can help me out with this. Theres so much stuff to take apart. Anything helps Thanks.

·
Living between the cars
8,630 Posts
Well you first need to remove the headlight assy. THis means removing the windscreen, mirrors and the bolts or screws attaching it to the assy. You will need to remove the under fairings inbetween the forks. My suggestion is to use project boxes and label them because when i put mine back together i lost the snap pins and sheet and had to go buy new ones. Anyways once you do that the assy just pulls out towards you. You will have some fight when you try to disconnect the head lights and spedo cables. Dont forget about that sensor (o2 or temp) sensor in the air frame. Once all that is done move it to a work bench. Behind you will see some silver button head screws. Remove those and then then that assy will come away from the main. Then there are 3 screws that attach the third eye assy. Remove that now i drilled into the back with a bit then seated a LED bucket in there. I have seen some bake it and then seperate the clear from the backing. I did not do that. I used a dremmel and cut out a knotch so the bucket could screw in and sit tight and waterproof. I ran the wires etc. Now wiring was a whole lot of bullshnot to figure out. I ran a line back to the batter with a two position switch. The switch is mounted under my left fairing cover so i can quickly turn it off if i get pulled over and the cop wont see any wiring. I have some pictures you can PM me for the link.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts