Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 42" Plasma that has stopped working the power led that is norm green flashes RED It is a phillips, and this is the 3rd Tv in the past 4 years that has done this.

Any one have this problem?

·
My R6 owes me money!
587 Posts
Contact the Manufacturer of the TV, they should be able to tell you if it's falshing in a series... like 1,2,3 flashes, 1 quick 2 slow... something along those lines. If not and it's out of warranty TV's are rarely worth fixing. 42" plasma can be had for under 999 easily at any big box store... repairs could run you 300-400$...

·
Nut 'N Bitch
1,736 Posts
I would try getting a battery back up and plugging your next tv into that. It will give a more constant power supply

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok This Tv in in my Resturant, Where it is on 20 hours a day, and the Surge protectors I use are also battery backs so I have the right power source for it, They start off with just half of the screen working, then about 2 days later they just stop, I bought them all through Best buy and they said it was due to use, They have the X and Y bar in them and the Y bar just stops working (that is what Phillips says) and the dont cover that under the Warrenty, and It is a 800 dollor fix, Hell I can go to Wal-mart and buy a new tv for that much!

·
R6 2006
860 Posts
definitely your power source, if you live in a area where there is high usage you may get frequent power fluxuations. Get a good surge protector. Get a good one not an overpriced one from Best buy. Go on ebay and do a search for APC surge protector. Make sure to register it so if it fails you are fully covered

·
Parts Pimp
26,473 Posts
Ok This Tv in in my Resturant, Where it is on 20 hours a day, and the Surge protectors I use are also battery backs so I have the right power source for it, They start off with just half of the screen working, then about 2 days later they just stop, I bought them all through Best buy and they said it was due to use, They have the X and Y bar in them and the Y bar just stops working (that is what Phillips says) and the dont cover that under the Warrenty, and It is a 800 dollor fix, Hell I can go to Wal-mart and buy a new tv for that much!
Plasmas have a shorter lifespan than LCDs, if you are running the tv 20 hours a day in a restaurant, make sure it has sufficient ventilation, and get yourself an LCD for the replacement. They often last several thousand hours longer than plasmas. This was always the case when flat screens first became popular. Many companies now advertise long lifespans for their plasmas, but I am not buying it. 3 tv's in four years is really short lifespan. Double check ventilation cause plasmas can get SUPER HOT

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an NEC 42 "PlasmaSync 42MP2 monitor model (PX-42VM2G.The failure is when turned on, the fans are on for a few seconds, then go into standby with red LED on.I have been through the semiconductor power cold test, but everything seems okay, if the fault may lie elsewhere.

·
zomething different
8,430 Posts
I have an NEC 42 "PlasmaSync 42MP2 monitor model (PX-42VM2G.The failure is when turned on, the fans are on for a few seconds, then go into standby with red LED on.I have been through the semiconductor power cold test, but everything seems okay, if the fault may lie elsewhere.
actually, the failure is when the noobs post in year old threads. :laugh

·
You see me trollin'
1,910 Posts
A TV doesnt need a UPS. It needs a Power Conditioner. Which, is almost equally expensive.
I think the PSU on the TV died dude.

I bought a Toshiba Regza 42" Plasma from Newegg.com for $490 out the door.

does newegg have actual store locations?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts