Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i made this a couple years back when i first got my bike, but i had to change out a rear blinker that went out and decided to take some pics. I could have done a better job and made it a little cleaner, but when i did it i threw it together in like 30 min but you get the idea

First off start with a lenght of alum angle iron, you can get it at most hardware stores for like $5.

Cut to 7", then one one side of it i cut off 1 1/2". you can use a dremel, hacksaw ect to cut it. I did it with a dremel.
the part that attaches to the bike needs holes drilled. I used the factory bracket that is sqare and has 4 holes in it for a template, the other side is for the license plate and you can use the plate for a template

I used the factory hardware to put it all back together. The spacers are really handy when you turn them upside down and they give you a llittle bit of clearence so nothing rubs.
Here it is on the bike

here are the rear turn signals that i used, they attach right to the plate. I have been using them for 2 years and been really happy with them.

here it is on the bike (yeah, the bike is filthy, needs a good wash)

like i said, i did this in about 30 minutes and with about $5 and had material left over to make a couple more
Let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im sure you could modify it a bit to work with them, i dont remember how the stock ones mount up off the top of my head, but it should be easy to work it out

·
Registered
479 Posts
think im gonna go your route. i agree the stock landing gear turn signals need to go but im tryin to make do with the stockers as im pretty low on cash at the moment. thanks :cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
what is holding the turn signals up? i tried to do something similar but failed, could not find a L bracket with holes big enough for the turn signal screws. advice?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
those turn signals are made to go in the license plate holes
i got them for like $20 on Ebay
I am sure that you go to a hardware store and get some flat stock and make your own L brackets to fit whatever turns that you will be using

1 - 7 of 7 Posts