Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking into 520 conversions a lot lately, and i was wondering if this conversion would really throw off your speedometer. isnt that speedometer cable connected to the front wheel? and if its not and does throw it off, how much does it actually throw it off? i want people experience. thank you

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
The 520 itself will not, but usually when people do a 520 they do more aggressive gears. This will throw off your speedometer, more gearing = farther off.

Even stock your bike is probably 7% off.

With a stock chain, and a -1 front gear, I was 11.5% off.

With a 520 chain, and a -1 front/+2 rear, I am 15% off.

I have a speedohealer dialed in with a GPS to fix this problem though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so then the speedometer cable doesnt run off the front wheel. and im going to need a speedohealer. damn, didnt wana drop another 100 bucks

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
you dont have to... do the math in your head while you are riding...

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
As long as those are quality parts, thats a great price.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that sounds like an amazing deal. if only it wasnt just an august special! i just bought a 350 dollar exhaust and a 600 dollar computer ahh (mine broke) but give me a month and ill probably do this, because i want to do this conversion over the winter. can i still get this offer if i PM you :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
that sounds like an amazing deal. if only it wasnt just an august special! i just bought a 350 dollar exhaust and a 600 dollar computer ahh (mine broke) but give me a month and ill probably do this, because i want to do this conversion over the winter. can i still get this offer if i PM you :D
PM me when you are ready and we will work something out with you. :)

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
We are having a special right now. $249.99 gives you the chain and sprocket kit, as well as the speedo healer and harness. Give us a call or PM me for more details.

1-888-910-7627

Here is the info you need.
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70362
Awww come on!! I just bought your 520 kit in July!! for the same price without the speedohealer and harness!!!! Why didn't ya tell me to hold off a month!!!

i still wanna purchase one but not willing to spend $100+ on it!!! :(

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Well... actually... i just checked my receipts, i paid $129 for the 520 kit. So i guess now it being $249 with the speedo healer....isnt that much of a saving deal if ya ask me. Since the Speedo healer is $100 anyways

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well... actually... i just checked my receipts, i paid $129 for the 520 kit. So i guess now it being $249 with the speedo healer....isnt that much of a saving deal if ya ask me. Since the Speedo healer is $100 anyways
The $129 was before shipping. We charge $20 for shipping which = $149.99

$10 more if shipping to canada.

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
The $129 was before shipping. We charge $20 for shipping which = $149.99
What are u saving then? The $20 shipping charge?

(not trying to bash ya guys lol especially the shipping.. it was fast as hell :toocool:)

·
Registered
165 Posts
What are u saving then? The $20 shipping charge?

(not trying to bash ya guys lol especially the shipping.. it was fast as hell :toocool:)
What I am saying is, you paied $149.99 for your kit and not $129.99. The $129.99 is just the base price. The $249.99 special is including shipping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts