Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
blue on blue
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, last post i did got good responces so i thought i would ask about he 520 mod, from reading around im going to do -1/+2 seems to have the best reviews anyway. the real question is i want a quality kit, not crap.
looked around a little bit and found this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...4027199&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_872wt_939
is it a good deal? and if anybody else has links to something better post it up, not to worried about the money, would rather have high quality stuff than junk.
:jump

·
BRAAAAP
97 Posts
Motomummy.com

I am about to order mine but I wana know how much of my top speed I will loose

·
They call me... Zebra!
3,466 Posts
Motomummy.com

I am about to order mine but I wana know how much of my top speed I will loose
I read someone saying when they did their 520 swap they went from 168mph on an 08 to 130... He also switched back to stocker. I am one of those that am not wasting my time or money on a 520. (Opinion please do not judge)

·
Moderator - In Memorium
3,254 Posts
Top speed won't change by the chain size alone. That would be affected by the gearing. And not in huge amounts unless you make a drastic change.

Contact motomummy.com. He'll get you set. Every time I've gotten stuff from there I've been well taken care of. Heck... one time he didn't have what I needed and he went and found someone who did and put me in contact with them directly. Good stuff.

·
blue on blue
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tight that's probably what ill do._

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
The sprockets in that ebay link are obviously great quality, but a tyc chain? Never heard of it, but maybe I missed something. Sounds like a cheap off brand chain. I would try and stick with did, ek, and rk. These are also what Driven recommends with their sprockets as not all chains have the exact same specs. Driven has found these they have no issues with.

Also another main thing to think about is if you want a steel rear sprocket or a hard anodized alum one. You can get a quality sprocket in either material, but which material you should get depends on what you want out of your chain kit.

As Danq said, the gearing will affect your top speed, but on a 600cc bike you won't lose all that much top speed unless you get very crazy with your gearing. -1 and -1/+2 are the most popular for 600cc bikes. What gearing you should get depends on how you ride and what you want out of the bike though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts