Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
The gain of a 520 will be more "snap off the line" if you will. It also means as crusing speed in 5th gear your r's will be noticably higher. I had one on my 05, didnt like it. So I decided to sprocket my last 07 in the front, 2 down, didnt like it. In my opinion its just not worth the work it is to get it on. that and your bike is going to read more miles, as well as the speedo be way off.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
thats where i bought mine. that and a gpr stablizer are the first 2 mods i do to every bike i get.

its easy to install. it does not add any hp, but it will give you your best bang for your buck. i have still hit 137 mph (with a little more room to go on the rev) and i know thats true since i had a gps on there. i don't need to go any faster than that on the street. it is one of the most common performance mods.

my speedo reads a little less than 15 mph higher, i went -1 front and +2 rear. on my old zx6r i went -1 +4 and then went to +5, it read over 20 mph high but it was fun.

·
live to ride ride to live
162 Posts
oh and can anyone find a video with one on a six? i cant. there aint too may people with bikes where i live and think i wanna do this but want to see what it will give me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
would be great to see that.. :p too bad theirs not that easy finding those vids

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
06-07 r6..... 15 is stock front and 45 is stock on the back. my buddy is on a stunt team and he has a 60 on the back, now thats crazy. he pulls some sick slo mo stuff, its amazing.

i was -1 +5 on my old 01 zx6r and that was a lot of fun, on my 05 r6 i am just -1 +2.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
its pefrect for all around street riding!!! -1 +2 is the most common.

i might move up to -1 +3 but that will prob be the max. i don't want to lose too much top end and shorten my gears too much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts