Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my latest track day at Grattan this weekend. My instructor ended up taking some video. This is the last lap of the day. We were told to pass the instructor on the straight. Generally, he would come back up to pass us or we'd slow down. I got into a little chase with a guy on a liter bike and my instructor never bothered to pass me again. The guy in the black suit for part of the time is my husband trying to keep up!

I had that guy on the liter bike in the corners... He just walked me in the straights and we weren't allowed to pass anywhere but the straight. I was so tempted to try elsewhere. I should work on out-braking him!

And my BP is awful from the hips up. I got the foot thing down, but SHIT, I need to get my head down and out. :nono

It's long, deal with it. I don't have video editing software. The fun mostly starts around 4:06 when the liter bike goes by, then I am waved on to pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRi2XPyL1Wg&feature=youtu.be

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are just a little thing arent you....:D

I think your BP doesnt look that bad...but Im no expert
:laugh

Yes. I am itty bitty.

·
Premium Member
17,970 Posts
Looking good Nancy!

I think you look comfortable out there.. What's the instructor's feedback on your lines? And I think you could do a little more moving around but I'm sure that will come once the speed starts climbing up on you :)

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking good Nancy!

I think you look comfortable out there.. What's the instructor's feedback on your lines? And I think you could do a little more moving around but I'm sure that will come once the speed starts climbing up on you :)
Instructor didn't have much feedback for me. I already know that my BP needs work. My speed will start creeping up, then. My lines are ok. There are a few times I went wide or varied a little. I need to work on early apexing. I'm getting faster, so I'm starting to turn in earlier and that's not a good thing. So I'm going to work more on that, too.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
^^ Looks like theres a lot more track for you to use....

The faster you go the more track you have to use.

The line you were running looked off and an off line will make you work harder and put you more at risk for a crash.

By what you wrote you sounded like you had a blast and thats all that matters!

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^ Looks like theres a lot more track for you to use....

The faster you go the more track you have to use.

The line you were running looked off and an off line will make you work harder and put you more at risk for a crash.

By what you wrote you sounded like you had a blast and thats all that matters!
Yeah, there are a few spots where I'm off-line. But for the most part, almost! I generally didn't stray TOO far from it.

·
Pastor of Muppets
1,460 Posts
Looking good! I don't think your BP is too bad. Work on leaning down a little more and getting those elbows bent. It looks like you're really getting fast after the apex out of the corner. You definitely could've passed that guy in front of you if you were allowed.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
go faster! jk looks good, Grattan is a fun track.

·
RESPECT
29,164 Posts
after further review

You looked good. For a while I was confused and didn't know who was filming and thought it was you...then was wondering :wtf people were looking at when they said your BP and stuff was good...watch your toes...you like to point them out toward the ground in turns :fact

Whoever the chick on the white bike was...she needs to get the hell off the bike...
If your hubby is the one in the black astars...he does too...:laugh

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
after further review

You looked good. For a while I was confused and didn't know who was filming and thought it was you...then was wondering :wtf people were looking at when they said your BP and stuff was good...watch your toes...you like to point them out toward the ground in turns :fact

Whoever the chick on the white bike was...she needs to get the hell off the bike...
If your hubby is the one in the black astars...he does too...:laugh
I don't know who the chick on the white bike was. We got held up by her a lot.

And my hubby is in black! He's on a Buell and is being kind of resistant to the advice of BP. He thinks because he has a standard and his riding position is different, there are different guidelines for him. I've tried to tell him otherwise, but he won't listen. We have a friend who is an instructor who lives nearby. I think we'll get him to show the hubby how to do it.

·
RESPECT
29,164 Posts
Yeah...white...gsxr? I don't know what it was...but whatever it was...she needs to take that shit back and get a moped or some shit

Was it his first time out on the bike? He'll get used to it eventually...that or he'll just learn to ride crossed up or something.

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah...white...gsxr? I don't know what it was...but whatever it was...she needs to take that shit back and get a moped or some shit

Was it his first time out on the bike? He'll get used to it eventually...that or he'll just learn to ride crossed up or something.
I don't know. FZ6? Either way, she was being towed around the track by an instructor for a while. I don't know what happened to the instructor, though.

Not the first time for the hubby, no. He's just been pretty resistant to BP because he says it's different on his bike because of the ergos/layout. He didn't stay for the BP demo where he could've tried it on an SV which has a similar layout/ergos. He's stubborn sometimes. ;)

·
RESPECT
29,164 Posts
Eh, it happens.
Let him try your bike and see how he does.
imho...a bike is a bike is a bike...:laugh
BP should be the same for them all :fact

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Eh, it happens.
Let him try your bike and see how he does.
imho...a bike is a bike is a bike...:laugh
BP should be the same for them all :fact
Maybe I'll throw his bike up on a stand and see if I can figure out what he's talking about. I know he had said he couldn't put his toe on the outer peg to swivel his hip open because the peg was too short and his boot too big.

He should've tried more to get his upper body off, then -- which is what the instructor suggested and said was probably more important anyway. The hubby has acknowledged he needs to do more with that. So, there's hope!

I think we'll toss both our bikes on the stands and mess around a little. Sadly, stationary practice doesn't carry over much when you're on the track.

·
RESPECT
29,164 Posts
Yeah...not really
To be honest...you should be alright, but your husband looks like a bigger dude...I wouldn't want to lean my bike :laugh

I'd be afraid to lean over too far and have the damn bike fall off the stands or something

·
Life is best beyond 10k
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
world's tallest midget :D

s3aturnr
I'm 4 inches from being considered a little person!

Yeah...not really
To be honest...you should be alright, but your husband looks like a bigger dude...I wouldn't want to lean my bike :laugh

I'd be afraid to lean over too far and have the damn bike fall off the stands or something
Well, true... but the pit bull stands are pretty sturdy! :laugh

1 - 20 of 39 Posts