Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Can't answer that since we dont have canyons here in Louisiana, but on the track I prefer my 600 over my R1. It is a lot less weight to fight after a long day on the track. Also, our local track is pretty short so a liter bike is not going to be use to it potential anyway.

·
Registered
305 Posts
i was actually having to slow down for the litre bikes in the twisties yesterday :) damn guy on the cbr 1000 was holding me back lol

·
Letzroll
448 Posts
No canyons here just some curvy roads and 2 hours from the mountains.

Tight and technical...R6

Long sweeping curves and straights...R1.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
Speedfreak_x77 said:
no canyons in Texas but figure smaller bikes will be easier to handle through the curves ..
Obviously you have not been to the hill country.

I definitely prefer the 600 on canyon roads and mountain roads that I have ridden in Texas and in Arizona. The bike is much easier to toss around and I am not as worried about spinning up the rear.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Speedfreak_x77 said:
no canyons in Texas but figure smaller bikes will be easier to handle through the curves ..
Man theres a few nice twisty roads here that run right off the cap rock. pretty fun shit. If your ever out this way you should check it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i do not ride on the street but to me a 600 is a much better bike for the track. it is alot more fun to me. i have gone faster on 600s then i could ever go on a 1000...

·
My R6 Eats Gixxers
1,823 Posts
Galford said:
My 2 Cents

600 = Just turn and it will follow.
1000 = Convince it to agree with you, then turn, then hope it follows.

very well put

·
Registered
156 Posts
I wonder what the responce would be if you asked this in the R-1 forum..... "Oh, i'd take the R-1 any day..." blah blah blah

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
rockin the '08
3,074 Posts
mojo said:
Obviously you have not been to the hill country.

I definitely prefer the 600 on canyon roads and mountain roads that I have ridden in Texas and in Arizona. The bike is much easier to toss around and I am not as worried about spinning up the rear.
:werd

I know a lot of places in San Antonio that I'd love to ride around...maybe one day.

·
MITICO
437 Posts
Neither

I'll take my throw back 1994 RS 125

Riding in the mountains during the summer all the 6's and the 1k's are braking braking braking I'm just pulling pulling pulling

(until the straight away then I'd just pull over and let them go, but atleast I could piss them off in the thick of the apex hahah)

·
Registered
437 Posts
depends on where and how you ride, besides, if you are riding as if you were at a race track in canyons, you should just go to the track. otherwise ride however brings you the most joy.

but along the lines of that comment, miticale, check out the motorcycle.com article
http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/it-aint-the-tool-shootout-14733.html
the whole thing is a comparison between a suzuki v-strom, a kawasaki klr, and an aprilla rsv 1000 r

you would probably like that one

1 - 20 of 25 Posts