Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i rode my buddys 600rr yesterday. :jump it was pretty sweet but felt a lot different than my bike. i could definately get used to it though. has any one else rode one? thoughts?

·
Registered
308 Posts
When i think of the double R I do this :roll:, I sat on one. The seat height is higher than the six and the seat feels like your sitting on the fairing. It's as hard as a rock! It looks cool though. Dont know anything about how it performs

·
Registered
69 Posts
yeah i got a poster of one of these babys in my room they look
sweet they won two wheels (australian moto mag) Bike of the year
aparently handle like a dream and go like the clappers!

but i still want a R6!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Except for the "BUTT-HOLE" exhaust, they are probably the second coolest looking 600.

GSXers are played out and Kawasakis........ :gas

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
The bike feels OK position wise for me, granted I'm 6'4" with some long legs. The higher seat does feel better to me, but the thing has felt like riding on a 4x4 since '01 on any honda....ass wise!!!
the overall bike looks beautiful, but i agree with jasamb...I've always said the exhaust makes it look like it has an Asshole!!!!WTF, i don't want an asshole on my bike!

this mentioned bike and the '03 R6 were my top two choices and actually a hard decesion back in april. I really like the looks of both bikes, big time! But I LOVE blue, and i hate bikes with assholes. I was pushing towards the R6 the whole time and i had a KILLER deal for my bike (knew the dealer well) but......I had not ridden the '03 R6 before i bought it. I did however ride the '03 600rr and did really like the ride compared to my 98 f3 i came off of. the 600rr had a STRONG bottem end and a killer top end, more so than my r6. But that's in a straight line, the R6 has nite and day difference more mid-range, which i spend most my time in. Also, the R6 was way more twitchy (some might say) steering wise, or i would say way more responsive than the 600rr. If i bought the 600rr, the first thing i would have done would have been raising the forks in the tripples, or raising the rear ride height about 5mm's.

Both awesome bikes though, easily the best 2 600's of '03, and from the looks of it.....'04 as well!!

Props to both Yamaha and Honda

·
Registered
180 Posts
I rode an '03 RR, I liked it enough.....But why does it weigh 30 lbs more than any other 600 in the class ? Honda has definetly got to trim the fat !! 30 lbs is WAY overweight.

The bars felt made it feel like my hands were almost on my knees, and the pegs were high and back. I suppose it would have felt a lot more at home on the track as opposed to the freeway.

Still, too piggish for my liking...

:cheers

·
Registered
222 Posts
according to the honda website, the '04 weighs 370 lbs dry. that's 13 lbs heavier than the R6 for this year. Not quite negligable, but i wouldn't call it a porker by any stretch of the imagination.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
i store my buddies 04 RR in my garage and I ride it whenever i feel like it. I really like that bike. As redline stated, it is a bit different riding position, the rid eheight is a bit higher than the 6, more race like I would say, but I'm a big guy so I don't really care about those kinds of things. As far as handling I would say that it handles rather well, not as responsive as my 6 but very very close, it makes up for it a little in raw power. The breaks are great and i love the looks of the all black.

it's a sleek looking bike that is very easy on the eye. I like the undertail exhaust for one reason, I dont burn the shit out of my legs.. hahaha. a honda is the only other bike i would EVER consider owning.

·
Registered
84 Posts
owned the black/silver 04 600rr for a total of 9 days, before it was registered as totaled. ( was T-boned)

anyhow, I felt the bike was a lil sluggish, handled well, though
the seat was the worst thing ever every 30 miles and your had to pull over just to take an ass break, ( bought a corbin thou for it) the ride height was a little different along with it felt uncomfortable to lay down on the bike. only other thing i like about it was the electronic fuel gauge. and that it was a little wider of a bike than my r6, the trunk was so tiny you could barely keep your insurance card in there.

·
My 6 makes me super horny
140 Posts
Well I haven't ridden one... I sat on one at the dealer before I bought my R6. I didn't really like the feel of it... Then again, I have been drooling over an R6 since they came out in '99. That said, I've got a buddy with a new 600RR and I damn sure can't beat him in a straight line. Needless to say, it pisses me off. But I think I may be starting to get over that now. Why? You may ask... Well because mine still looks better of course! :cheers

·
looking for more curves
1,887 Posts
I saw a guy riding one the other day when I was at my road couse. They look nice, red and black always looks good together.

Other then my personal boycott of anything Honda, they are nice bikes.

·
Registered
180 Posts
according to the honda website, the '04 weighs 370 lbs dry. that's 13 lbs heavier than the R6 for this year. Not quite negligable, but i wouldn't call it a porker by any stretch of the imagination.
According to Cycle World Magazine (May '04 issue) the RR weighs 26 lbs more than the R6, 30 lbs more than the Suzuki, and 26 lbs more than the Kawi.

Who do you think is gonna give you the correct number, Honda or a magazine ??

HERE PIG PIG PIG PIG PIGGY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

They should be embarassed with that. The ZX10 weighs in at 406, GSXR 1000 408 lbs, I don't know about the R1. Same deal with the 1000RR, piggish at 431 lbs with an empty tank. What gives ??

The 600RR's weight played a key role in my decision to get an R6. Not that the RR isn't a good bike, I just want something that's not overweight.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just got friendly with a bloke at work who has the RR. We are trying to organise a swap day but he's already binned his bike once. I am a bit worried. His is also stock. Usually i'd swap on the condition that if he crashes mine I keep his till mines fixed but with his stock and scratched and mine pristine and all the extras im not to sure. He has said the crash has slowed him down but if we're riding together hes gonna try and keep up for sure.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts