Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CRAZY SITUATION TODAY! by accident i pulled off my first stoppie and landed it ok with no problems. oh and did i mention it was about 60mph! :nocontrol heres the story......:fact

i was drivin down the highway 2lane goin my direction a 30ft median with a 7ft ditch in the middle and then 2laned goin the other way. no one is infront or behind me in my lane and 1 or 2 cars goin the other way, all of a sudden i see this pickup truck with ******* wheels coming accross the meadian turning towards me. its like he turned out of a gas station realized hes goin the wrong way so he'd try and come across the median and back towards me! :eek:

well all i see is a huge white truck, smoking and squeeling tires turning and heading right for me. now the panic button went off in my head and i grabbed the front brakes and applied a bit of back brake. i was in the right lane and the truck was heading right for me (head on) and i didnt want to go down the 5ft embankment to my right (10ft run off then TREES!) so i just kept on the brakes,

everything is happening all at once and i couldn't even think really, i just reacted with my knowledge of what to do on bikes and how to stop quickly. so like i said, grab a hand full of front brake and all of a sudden i start letting off the brakes and i realized i had either jammed on the brakes too hard or just got to point where the braking was so intense the back end came up! i'm pulling a stoppie! when i let off the brakes the rear wheel set itself back on the ground and at this point the truck has stopped and no longer on a collision course with me. the back end touches down no problem and i keep drivin pass the truck and that was that. :eek5

i had to tell my self to take a few deep breathes cuz i was so full of adrenaline i think i couldve lifted an elephant. i took a few breaths and everything was fine. the truck did his thing and i kept riding. I really dont know what happend, all i know is that i pulled my first stoppie from 60mph! and landed it just fine with no problems.

·
2007 R6
915 Posts
damn, yea one hell of a way to learn rolling endo's and stoppies
be safe man, damn cagers are trying to take us out everywhere you look

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know i prolly shouldnt have braked so hard to endo, but atleast i didn't lock up the rear wheel and take a slip and slide down the pavement

·
Registered
89 Posts
WHOA! That's crazy. I'd have to leave a 12 pack hollow, after that.

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
Glad you are ok! But I wonder, why is everyone afraid of locking up the rear wheel. I would rather lock up the rear wheel any day than endo the bike.

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the whole idea is to not lock up the rear wheel (skidding+no traction=sliding on the ground after your bike) and not to endo, but atleast with an endo you can let off the brake and it sets down and thats that. when the rear wheel is locked up you have NO traction and almost all the time go down........or so i've been told

·
Motorcycle Drive By
791 Posts
But I think I'd rather be off my bike on the backside then over the handle bars. Hopefully I'll never find out... hopefully.

Glad to hear you made it tho...better then running into a truck head on at 60-70+ mph

1 - 12 of 12 Posts