Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you all think I will fit? My inseam is somewhere around 35. I sat on one the other day and it seemed like my legs weren't in the grooves in the gas tank. Is it supposed to be like that. Is there anything I can do to change the leg position?

(This is my first post, Hi everyone!)

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
WELCOME DOOKIE, man u be a tall bastard. but there is one thing u can do to make it better for you. u can change the rearsets(shifter and brake foot pegs). if u buy some adjustable rearsets u can adjust them to fit u better.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Skidmark, cut your legs off at the knees and get shorter prosthetic appendages that hook directly into the controls. j/k man. you can try new rearsets that relocate up and back from stock or maybe try sitting further back in the seat and then hold yourself with your kness clamping the tank in the position that is more comfortable for you.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
penfold said:
Skidmark, cut your legs off at the knees and get shorter prosthetic appendages that hook directly into the controls. j/k man. you can try new rearsets that relocate up and back from stock or maybe try sitting further back in the seat and then hold yourself with your kness clamping the tank in the position that is more comfortable for you.
ya i like the cut your legs off idea. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! Now I understand a little better. Would I slide them back to make it more comfortable or slide them uP?

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
Dookie said:
Thanks! Now I understand a little better. Would I slide them back to make it more comfortable or slide them uP?
u would want to go back and down to make it more comfy for ya. if u just went back it would keep your legs bent a little to much.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
rearset are the foot controls. yo ucan get them where they adjust in certain increments either further back or up from stock.
they look like this obviously.

These are Graves Adjustable Rearsets. yo ucan see the hole locations for mounting them.

Graves, Attack Performance, Gilles, Woodcraft CFM, PP Tuning are just some of the people that make rearsets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll have to go to the dealer and ask the guys there. This would take away from cornering capability right?

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
penfold said:
loki1313 said:
Dookie said:
What are rear sets? Any have have pics of them so I can get a better explanation?
click on the link below for a pic of some attack brand adjustable rearsets.

http://www.calsportbike.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?cart_id=7271713.70594&pid=345&count=1

:cheers
damn, beaten to the punch! Loki you helpful prick you!
ya this is like the first time ive beaten you to the punch on this kinda help. im gettin good at this.(finally) :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
they range all over the place in terms of price depending on what they are made out of, how adjustable they are, if components can be replaced after a crash. the woodcraft ones have replaceable footpegs and shit so if you lay it down and break one, you can easily replace it

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
penfold said:
they range all over the place in terms of price depending on what they are made out of, how adjustable they are, if components can be replaced after a crash. the woodcraft ones have replaceable footpegs and shit so if you lay it down and break one, you can easily replace it
ya woodcraft has some good rearsets. i know rockyr6 has the vortex ones, u should PM him and see how well he likes em.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I thought it was funny how loki called him dookie, i called him poop stain then pen called him skid mark hahaha :hammer

and no $375 is an aweful price.

:cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts