Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, anyone know if there are extensions for the front (rider) pegs. i'm 6'4" and i could use them to be a little closer to the ground. anybody know where i can find something like this, or what is out there? i know the clearance will be affected, but i can deal w/ it. thanks

·
Banned
4,008 Posts
best bet would be to get a new pair of rearsets. most of them you can adjust the position of the pegs. i beleive most will let you lower them from stock by about an inch, which will make a big difference for ya. i know atleast one guy her on the forum got some vertex rears and loved em.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not trying to be rude, that said do you own an R6 yet or have you just sat on one at the dealer. I am 6ft 6in and I do not need lower pegs the factorys are fine. The fit on an R6 is a lot different once you actually riding. Plus if you lower your pegs your feet are going to drag in turns. Mine do with the factory pegs, I can't imagine having lower pegs.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm just 6' 2" but i adjusted my shift and brake levers to help with the angle on mine, lot more comfortable now. Makes it easier too, to get my big clod hoppers under the shifter.

·
Registered
54 Posts
hey big dog

sup big dog im 6'5" and i ride a 04 r6 stock pegs. at first i was thinking of altering but gcofield is right it feels so much different when you riding it than sitting on it. r6 feels aight for us big men, i dont have any problems. have fun man you picked the right brand

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.