Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I was out last night and noticed a guy with a helmut. I asked what he drove and he said 75 shovel head. It was nice, but it had some miles, raised bars, exhaust with header wrap not a bad looker.
He asked what I had, which I told him an 06 r6. He asked if it was with me and it was not. So then he starts in about how fast his bike is. Which is fine and dandy but then he told me his would eat mine up. Now I found that interesting. He swore up and down in a quarter mile he could take my 600 with his heavey a$$ 1200 antique. I asked him if he even knew what he was talking about. Of course he stuck with his story. He claimed to be a mechanic and to have built the engine himself. I almost believed him, but after looking at the bike more closely it looked amateur. So I could only take so many verbal slaps to the face so I asked him when he would be around again, he got shady. Well since I only lived down the street I went home parked the truck and pulled out the Raven. I came back just in time to catch him driving off. I pulled up next to him on the highway and gave him a friendly rev. He looked over gave a wave, but did not know it was me. I then pulled my visor up and then he recognized me. He down shifted but his roll on was nothing. I watched as he piddled up to about 80 and pulled up again, with ease. He then dashed and exited the highway. Can't wait to run into him again and see how his story changes. It was not a race by no means, maybe a friendly tutorial in power to weight and modern technology. 75 shovel head take a new rocket of any kind my ass.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts