Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is stumping me... the bike had the overflow hose blocked off with a bolt in.. the other hose that is blocked is on the right side of the carb coming out the head.. i cannot for the life of me figure out where it goes. stumps me why these coolant lines are blocked

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
Coolant flow (and hose routing) is in the service manual:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks.. i did look at that after closing viewing again and going back out to the bike i see where the line that was screwed off goes.. it does go to the carb.. but the plastic piece it connect to that connect to the carb then to the other line is broke... kinds looks like they were blockin the coolant to the carbs

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
thanks.. i did look at that after closing viewing again and going back out to the bike i see where the line that was screwed off goes.. it does go to the carb.. but the plastic piece it connect to that connect to the carb then to the other line is broke... kinds looks like they were blockin the coolant to the carbs
Could be. I didn't think the coolant would go to the carbs until I read the below article. Makes sense I guess, warming them up so they're operating at a reliable and known temperature. Looks like this guy had a problem with some plastic breaking off too:

https://www.r6-forum.com/forums/58-exhaust-fuel-delivery/116359-carb-coolant-lines.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok ok i got it i need to take off that hose going into the side of the overflow jug, plug it keep the other one that has a bolt in it pluged.. and it should be good to go by passing the carb coolant system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would that be a good or bad thing , I have a R6 in a micro sprint and trying to figure out how to rout the lines. The 2 on the shifter side of the motor I know those go together, now main question is the open coolant line on the shifter side can you hook it up to the small hose on the other and flow fine, now that's the one going through the carbs?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts