Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
321 - 325 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
maybe lambda 1 isnt' the right term otoh isn't lambda 1 up there in my 13-14k range? sorry I've only ever used the old A/F numbering system

Rectangle Slope Line Font Parallel

·
Registered
37 Posts
AFR scale is not in. I think factory pro tuning advice is right, find correct main jet then change needle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I prepared a second set of carbs. Stock needles, 152/148 mainjets and #40 pilots. Stock air cleaner etc.
Part load still very rich - Lambda 0.8 (AFR 12) - response is great.
8k rpm WOT I see Lambda 0.78 (< AFR 12). Higher engine speed around ~0.8.
Ambient temp is around 15°C - so in summer it would be way too rich.

Floater Level I checked and seems ok.
I will check the pilot air jets - forgot this to check, maybe somebody adjusted here something.
I will step back to Pilot #38, mainjet 148 on all carbs and try some different needles (cause I only have 2xN7RA and 2xN7SA).

But I'm still wondering why my carbs are soo rich all time. Air cleaner is new (aftermarket foam type) - for WOT I could understand some impact with higher vaccum but part load I don't understand the difference.
Maybe I have to adjust the floater level - but have to test it.

At the moment I need 1h to remove the carb and reinstall everything... maybe I can improve the time a little bit... haha...
But happy that I see some difference now because too rich costs a lot of power which you can feel at the R6. (2nd gear should lift the front wheel...)

·
Registered
330 Posts
The centerline of my scale above is AFR 13 so lambda approx 1 at 13.5k thru 14.5k. Am quite interested in your AF screw setting, I've been interested in tweaking mine but the bike is running well so I also kind of want to leave it alone. If the screws were more accessible I'd certainly mess with them :)

321 - 325 of 325 Posts