Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im kinda new here...newayz....im gonna buy a 99 r6 but i want to know what i should look out for. like if the 99's have alot of problems etc... also want to know how fast they are compared to the newer r6's and the gsx-r600s...I basically want to know if the bike will break on me in a couple months or if it will last a couple years...and if alot of bike will be able to beat me...thnx!!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had a 99 6 and it was a beauty, ran great, and for the most part never failed me. In my opinion its a good buy. I would say make sure the carbs are cleaned and its tuned before you buy it. As far as any major problems, i didn't experience any. Speed wise i didn't have any other 6 leave me or out perform me. Not to mention on the street the miniscule difference between newer and different bikes isn't too noticable. Thats my experience tho.

·
Registered
302 Posts
99 R6, great bike, and if it's a first bike, or you've never ridden a sportbike, you will crap your pants no matter what. Very quick bike probably has about 10 less whp then a brand new '03-04 R6. And the R6 is arguably the best handling out of em all.

Make sure it will redline without sputtering before getting there, and ride it, you should be fine. It will last as long until you total it, or put a 65 tooth sprocket on and "streetfighter" it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts