Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a track bike and i am converting it to a street bike. I bought some aftermarket turn signals. There are 3 wires 2 black and 1 red. Also I can't seem to find where to wiring them into. can someone help. I need both the front and rear wired.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I bought a track bike and i am converting it to a street bike. I bought some aftermarket turn signals. There are 3 wires 2 black and 1 red. Also I can't seem to find where to wiring them into. can someone help. I need both the front and rear wired.
My front blinkers only use 2 of the 3 wires on each side of the bike. The 3rd wire is for running lights if your blinkers are equipped with them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok the biggest thing is where in the wiring harness do I wire them into. I can't find anywhere to wire them. especially the rear blinkers. I know the front ones I need the head light harness which i dont have at this moment. but if I can't find the wires from the rear should i just splice the front wires and run it all the way to the rear?

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
ok the biggest thing is where in the wiring harness do I wire them into. I can't find anywhere to wire them. especially the rear blinkers. I know the front ones I need the head light harness which i dont have at this moment. but if I can't find the wires from the rear should i just splice the front wires and run it all the way to the rear?
I would download the service manual if I were you and check the wiring diagrams. Find the correct wires and extend em. That sucks the harness has been raped of all the non essential stuff.

Sorry I'm not of more help bro

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have looked at the service manual and it is a little hard to read. I wish it was actually laid out how the wire is run on the bike. I think that would be the easiest way to read it. I just don't understand their abbreviation for the colors of the wires.

I mean if you have time could u look under the rear cowl seat and look to see what color wires are back there? I am sure there would be some sort of wires that come off or are near the rear tail light. I have the tail light wires and there are a few wire back there just not sure how they are run or where they go to. I would assume the rear blinkers but there is only 3 wires. which confuses me when I have six wires for both tail lights.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I have looked at the service manual and it is a little hard to read. I wish it was actually laid out how the wire is run on the bike. I think that would be the easiest way to read it. I just don't understand their abbreviation for the colors of the wires.

I mean if you have time could u look under the rear cowl seat and look to see what color wires are back there? I am sure there would be some sort of wires that come off or are near the rear tail light. I have the tail light wires and there are a few wire back there just not sure how they are run or where they go to. I would assume the rear blinkers but there is only 3 wires. which confuses me when I have six wires for both tail lights.
PM me tonight to remind me.. Like after 5 or 6 and I'll look for you.

I bet the rear has 6 cause there is supposed to be the separate blinkers, etc.. I'll have a look at it.

If you're not familiar with reading wiring diagrams it gets very tricky. My suggestion is to find something you can identify easily.. say it's the left headlight plug.. Look at the wires and colors, and locate it on the diagram and go from there. It will get easier and easier as you work through it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts