Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for my english. Google translate helped me :)

R6 06 Year. Problem such, with strong throttle growing momentum as if the clutch slips, but this is not it. You drive 8000 rpm, open, revs rise to 14-15 rmp, bike rides well, then after 3-4 seconds gets a strong kick back and flew.

Came to the conclusion that the fuel pump was to blame, as was a similar problem on another motorcycle. Removed the pump, ink filter, fuel pump pouring out black petrol. Replaced the fuel pump and filter, 500 kilometers everything was ok, then the problem persists. Removed the fuel pump filter - clogged again. Brushed, drive 100 kilometers - the same thing.

Now this problem is repeated constantly. Buck perfectly clean after cleaning the filter travels an average of 100-200 kilometers and cleaning again. The new filter even on ebay can not find.

Prompt whether the filter can become clogged so quickly because of bad gasoline? While on the other R6 such problems we have. Where can I buy inexpensive such a filter on the internet?

Thank's

Attachments

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
I would replace the filter with a new OEM one. You can run fuel treatment to every tank to help with dirty gas. What octane you running?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been unable to find a new filter, only komplkte with gasoline pump. Cleaning the fuel before filling is not much help, because visually clean gasoline, gauze also did not detain him. Perhaps the problem is the fuel additive.

Drive mainly gasoline 95, sometimes 98

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
i don't think you can buy the filter sock.. just spray that one out with brake clean and compressed air..
Then clean out the tank well, and stop buying gas from wherever you are getting it. OR, consider filtering the fuel BEFORE you put it into the bikes tank .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on, really so hard to buy a filter? It's the usual consumables.

And so I do not buy petrol at the place, but there is no doubt that the quality of gasoline is not the root cause of the problem. Since all go and no one of these filters never changes.

just spray that one out with brake clean
Can speak a little differently? Not sure that correctly understood.

Maybe someone saw such filters on sale or knows where to buy? I will be very grateful for your help. Revised Yahoo auction, Ebay, Aliexpress - nothing :(

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
Come on, really so hard to buy a filter? It's the usual consumables.

And so I do not buy petrol at the place, but there is no doubt that the quality of gasoline is not the root cause of the problem. Since all go and no one of these filters never changes.

Can speak a little differently? Not sure that correctly understood.

Maybe someone saw such filters on sale or knows where to buy? I will be very grateful for your help. Revised Yahoo auction, Ebay, Aliexpress - nothing :(
you can NOT BUY the mesh filter sock .. you have a computer. Try searching for one yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I wrote that the break all online auctions and no separate filter, only with the pump.
But the root cause only bad gasoline? provided that the tank is completely clean.

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
So I wrote that the break all online auctions and no separate filter, only with the pump.
But the root cause only bad gasoline? provided that the tank is completely clean.
who knows. i have seen issues when tanks were painted, and the fill and pump holes were not tapped off. The overspray inside, peels off and collects in the filter sock..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts