Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
my r6 drinks dos equis
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided I like the look of black rearsets so I picked up a set of gilles from a member here. They are missing a few parts so I am still using the factory shifter and the rear brake isn't exactly as it should but they are working for now.

I also installed some 5000k hids from kryptonblubs and a set of fdb shorty levers. I meant to order the ones with the black adjusters but the red ones don't look bad. I like the way they feel, and it only took them 4 days from ordering to my door.

One of the balasts is bad on the hids (bright), sometimes it will work and I can turn it off and it won't turn back on but my tail light does its startup sequence. Already have a new one in the mail from Josh at kryptonbulbs, great customer service.

Next up will be some new grips, I cant get the ones I have to stick so they are always rotating and sliding up and down. I think they are too soft. Im probably going to pick up some renthals or something here soon.

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
If you have a hard time finding gilles replacement parts (sometimes they can be hard to find) let me know and I can put you in contact with the English speaking Gilles sales guy and you can buy direct from them. It normally takes 3-4 days via express mail from Germany to the U.S.

·
Habitual Linestepper
984 Posts
bike looks good brother! i have those same stands also! jw is it just me or does the front one suck ass>? i can never get it to line up straight and the tabs rub on my forks going up or coming down.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
I like it...especially knowing youre probably the only one aside from myself with a full KR system...

Bitchen sound huh...

·
my r6 drinks dos equis
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I do love the sound, I have been thinking about shortening the pipe to make the can sit closer

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Yeah, thats my only complaint about it...and I have been thinking about doing the same...but I would have to reposition the KR emblem

·
Registered
259 Posts
08 ones look so much better than 07s..btw nice rear stand!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts