Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great track weekend it was. My goal was 1:36's......Went from 1:40's on Friday, to 1:34's the first half of Saturday, then consistent 1:32-33's the second half of Saturday and Sunday. Was able to pull a new personal best of 1:32.0. Here is a track map, all of the pics are from T1, except for the right which was T13.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I credit the speed this trip to race tires and a 120/70 as opposed to a 60. Now I just need a steering damper........

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The difference was incredible! Leaned in T13, I could feel a slight shake in the bars. Once I put the 70 on (mind you, it's also a race tire) the front end was PLANTED. After a few good sessions, I looked at the front tire, and I still hadn't even touched the arrows on the sides yet. The confidence I got from the tire size and tire type helped me cut over 10 seconds off my lap times. I just need a little front suspension work, a steering damper, and I see no reason why I won't be in the 1:28-29's in September.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was also worried about it fitting under the hugger, which was no problem. Then, after looking at it after the sigh of relief it fit, I was nervous my tire warmers wouldn't fit.............well, they did too :mrgreen:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In this pic, I had the 120/60 on at the January trackday. This is T13, the same right as in the pic above. Leaned over even this far I would feel slight front end shake. In the pic above, the 120/70 is on, and I'm considerably more leaned, and the front end felt amazing. I would 100% recommend this tire size.......

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I keep it behind me, because the last thing I want is to cross start/finish, look down to see what I did, then dive blindly into T1, a ~100mph turn :lmao

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
looks like good times.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts