Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so im new to the bike game...and wanted to get an r6 05+ i saw this 07 r6s with under 200miles on it clean title HE WANTS 7K FIRM and guy is throwing in 1k worth of gear helmet jacket and gloves was curious if this is a steal? avg? or too much!? thanks for the help fellas. oh yea and ne certain yrs i should stay away from? if i want 05+

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
sounds good to me cause in a dealer they would push 7500 with no gear

·
My R6 ate me
774 Posts
its a r6s? i mean if that what u like then go for it,

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
whats the diff between an r6s and an r6? sumthign wrong with r6s?..thanks for the info this is why i ask cuz i dnt know
Nothing is wrong with the R6s other than it is the same bike as the 03-04 R6. They kept building the previous version of the R6, but renamed it R6S. For the price you are quoting you can get an 06/07 R6. I know a guy who bought an 07 R6S for $6000.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so what yrs should i look for in the r6? 06-07? or should i make an offer on this guy like 6700? keep in mind has less than 200 orginal miles

·
Hit It and Quit It
1,716 Posts
If you are close to ST. Louis one of my brothers friend has a Blue 2007 R6S with around 750 miles on it for like $6000.00
I was in ST. Louis in October the bike had 500 miles on it.
I put the other 250 miles on it.
The guy bought it and is scared to ride it.
The bike has been parked in his house since I rode it in October.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I'm in cali but that's a good price...r the r6s slower than r6?
lololol dude...think about that...no matter how "slow" it is, it'd still smoke 90% of all production cars out there. I used to think that same way bro, the 06-07 R6s is a great bike!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Haha true that although I think my car could keep up with a r6...I'm not a big fan of the exhuast on the r6s can that be swaped out for the r6 one? Also what r the main difference? Looks? Performance?

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Haha true that although I think my car could keep up with a r6...I'm not a big fan of the exhuast on the r6s can that be swaped out for the r6 one? Also what r the main difference? Looks? Performance?
the difference between the r6 and the r6s? They are both "technically" the same bike...the 06+ R6s is the 05- R6. Make sense? And I think there are companies out there that make shorty cans for the R6s but dont quote me. I've seen a lot of folks chop their cans short too, that could be another route

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the difference between the r6 and the r6s? They are both "technically" the same bike...the 06+ R6s is the 05- R6. Make sense? And I think there are companies out there that make shorty cans for the R6s but dont quote me. I've seen a lot of folks chop their cans short too, that could be another route
Eh so if imma get a 07r6s mine as well get a 05 r6? Bleh!I think ill just wait a lil and look for a 06-07 r6

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Eh so if imma get a 07r6s mine as well get a 05 r6? Bleh!I think ill just wait a lil and look for a 06-07 r6
LOL it's w/e you wanna do bud, your money your bike, w/e you decide to get I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with your purchase for years to come. good luck!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts