Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Strictly an informative post I will describe a mishap that I had on my dad's cruiser last summer. Well this summer I had a 03 R6, the time came that I had to sell it. So the only thing to ride was a 79 kz 1000 drag bike, it is really heavy compared to my 6 and anyways I was on my way home from church and i noticed the front discs were very hot I mean Smoking hot, so I pulled over to the side of the road and tried to asess the damages. I could not figure out what was wrong? The only thing that I knew for certain was their was a dangerous amount of friction happening. So I figured I would let it cool off for a good fifteen minutes until I got home right? WRONG in fact dead wrong... I began back on my journey and was driving down the road at about 35-40 miles an hour, the front brakes clenched and locked up like you would not imagine.. So I applied as much strength to the handlebars and figured I might as well ride it out.. didn't happen not even close... I was probably at about 15-20 mph when it high sided..... on a straight road... Don't ask me how but I "Ninjad" it.. I wasn't even wearing a helmet witch scares the crap out of me now thinking about it. I put one foot on the pegs and one on the seat and jumped as my bike was completely sideways heading for the pavement.. I landed in a roll onto my shoulder and tucked as best as I could. I jumped right up when it happened. I guess from so much adrenaline running through my body. The only thing that happened was maybe a few scratches on my elbows/shoulder. :jacked So I ran over to the bike as fast as I could and picked it up "it was on the side of the road at this time" The only damage to the bike was the Handle Bars were a little bent. What really ticked me off was four or five car's that SAW me Wreck didn't even stop or bother to ask me if I was ok? But a guy came up and told me he had the same problem with his kawa and told me to loosen a nut on the front brake. It completely disabled the front breaks but I rode it home and put that crap in the garage... Freaking kawas always trying to ruin some ones life.... :cuss

·
USC 2013 National Champs
731 Posts
Brooooooooooooo thats chilll

·
Speedy Claxton
1,767 Posts
reminds me of that video of that asian biker that t-boned a car i think and flipped over it and landed on his feet. posted on here a couple months ago maybe. pretty crazy.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Crazy how you got on top of the bike. When I went down in the rain on the highway only thing going on in my mind was oh crap oh crap BAM as my bike went down on the left hand side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts