Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
Seems pretty straight forward. Couldn't be too hard. Worse case scenario, you might have to take apart the tail section. Not a big deal.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i don't mind taking stuff apart. as long as i dont have to drill holes in the subframe or have a custom subframe

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Just unbolt the old passenger pegs. You will have to also unbolt the exhaust hanger on the right side. Though are you positive you want solid pegs? Pretty sure the A-town subcage is only for solid pegs. IDK I like fold up pegs so I went with the OMR. Also sick innovations is about to have a holiday sale. Ian hasn't specified exactly what he is going to do but from what he has said on stuntride it will be a percentage based discount and his subcages are foldable or solid, so you havea a choice of changing if you ever change your mind. So might consider that too.

Either way doesn't matter if you go A-town, OMR, or SI. They are all great products just some people perfer one style over the other and things can differ from bike to bike.

Also, if you have the stock subframe and are planning on stunting the bike you might want to take it off now and sale it to cover the majority of the cost for a steel A-town subframe. I wish I had taken that advise instead of waiting and destroying my stock one. Could have sold it to cover ~1/2 the cost of the other one. If you aren't really going to be stunting the bike and just want the more solid passenger pegs then don't worry about it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just unbolt the old passenger pegs. You will have to also unbolt the exhaust hanger on the right side. Though are you positive you want solid pegs? Pretty sure the A-town subcage is only for solid pegs. IDK I like fold up pegs so I went with the OMR. Also sick innovations is about to have a holiday sale. Ian hasn't specified exactly what he is going to do but from what he has said on stuntride it will be a percentage based discount and his subcages are foldable or solid, so you havea a choice of changing if you ever change your mind. So might consider that too.

Either way doesn't matter if you go A-town, OMR, or SI. They are all great products just some people perfer one style over the other and things can differ from bike to bike.

Also, if you have the stock subframe and are planning on stunting the bike you might want to take it off now and sale it to cover the majority of the cost for a steel A-town subframe. I wish I had taken that advise instead of waiting and destroying my stock one. Could have sold it to cover ~1/2 the cost of the other one. If you aren't really going to be stunting the bike and just want the more solid passenger pegs then don't worry about it.
I want subcage to act as a frame slider pretty much against low speed lowsides. I have already destroyed 2 tails and don't really want to spend any more money on that.

Are there any subcages that have removable slider pegs so in case you grind it down or destroy it, you can just replace the slider?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I want subcage to act as a frame slider pretty much against low speed lowsides. I have already destroyed 2 tails and don't really want to spend any more money on that.

Are there any subcages that have removable slider pegs so in case you grind it down or destroy it, you can just replace the slider?
the one posted had the option of sliders on the pegs.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the one posted had the option of sliders on the pegs.
Yeah, it looks like the best choice right now but I have trying to contact Atowncustoms a number of times in the past 2 weeks and they haven't responded a single time so I'm looking into other options right now because of that

·
The Reverend
1,355 Posts
Yeah, it looks like the best choice right now but I have trying to contact Atowncustoms a number of times in the past 2 weeks and they haven't responded a single time so I'm looking into other options right now because of that
you want me to send adam a text for you? hes my sponsor and theres prolly something wierd happening maybe a changed number. I know the website is needing to be updated. send me a pm with your number and I will send it off to him to get ahold of you asap :YEA

·
The Reverend
1,355 Posts

Atown can send you extra sliders for a little price. but his new white sliders last ALOT longer than any other companys. Your tail WILL NEVER touch if the bike falls over. I have never once had a scratch on my tail becuase of this subcage. If you take a really hard fall going fast and it grinds the pucks all the way down you can buy pieces of the kit if needed also

·
The Reverend
1,355 Posts
sent adam a text and gave him your number......if you need anything else or have any other troubles just let me know.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Atown can send you extra sliders for a little price. but his new white sliders last ALOT longer than any other companys. Your tail WILL NEVER touch if the bike falls over. I have never once had a scratch on my tail becuase of this subcage. If you take a really hard fall going fast and it grinds the pucks all the way down you can buy pieces of the kit if needed also
Don't doubt it one bit. Got to put my A-town cage to the test a couple of times lastnight and man that thing does not roll at all like the SI cage did and there is so much clearance from anything and the ground. The guys I know that have the A-town subcage I have no doubts it would protect the plastics.

OP another way of getting a hold of adam, and the only way I ever try contacting him, is make an account on stuntride.com and send him a PM (Atown101) He will get back to you soon and he will get ya taken care of.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't doubt it one bit. Got to put my A-town cage to the test a couple of times lastnight and man that thing does not roll at all like the SI cage did and there is so much clearance from anything and the ground. The guys I know that have the A-town subcage I have no doubts it would protect the plastics.

OP another way of getting a hold of adam, and the only way I ever try contacting him, is make an account on stuntride.com and send him a PM (Atown101) He will get back to you soon and he will get ya taken care of.
thanks for helping me out. Sent him a PM over at stuntride.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts