Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my carbon fiber fairings today and they are shit. I have been messing with this crap for hours and I can not get it to fit right. What the **** man. You would think for 1200 dollars the shit would fit great. Not so. Now I have to call them and see about retuning them and I have managed to scratch the shit out of my head light housing. :cuss :cuss :cuss :comp

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They just don't fit right. They won't line up. There are two fairings top and bottom. There is about an inch gap between the seem of the two. Yea it is OPP

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
That sucks. I hate when people make shitty products and sell them for a high cost. I hope you can get your money back or that these are defective and you can get replacements.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
yea high cost for shitty product seems to be the norm these days....That fuckin sucks too....People don't realize how much of a hassle a shitty product is....my boy Rennsport is going through that same dillema......Hotbodies and some other brands are selling their race body work for hella cheap and it's keeping him from doing a lot of business....WHO wants a shitty product????I don't....good luck on resolving this issue.....crappy shit sucks....

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
http://www.magicalracing.co.jp/GateE.html

they are a japanese outfit that makes CF parts. not sure of what bikes they make it for and i'm not all to convinced all the models they do make them for are listed on thier site. I just perused quickly but have yet to see some of the pics on thier site that I have seen other places. best bet would probably be to email them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yea that's the downside with aftermarket parts... They aren't exact and sometimes you gotta jerri rig the thing on... hope it works out for ya.

·
Registered
995 Posts
thats a bitch man, i noticed when i fitted my CF Air Intake Covers, that they didn' fit right,so when i crashed and smashed one i decided not to replace them.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I am going to call them tomorrow and see whats up. I should have taken pictures but I did not think about it. I had been messing with it all day and was frustrated. I took them off and put my regular fairings back on so I can use my bike. I do not have the patience to try and put them on again and I do not think my head lights can handle any more abuse. I will let you guys know what happens.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a similar esperience with the c/f bodywork for my Ducati - nothing really lined up all that great.

Took me a long while, but I did manage to get it all together eventually. Just takes patience. And about three sets of hands to do it right. Mine is made by Casoli in Italy.

I fitted mine and made all of the necessary tweaks BEFORE I got it painted. Lucky for me, as there wouldn't have been much paint left on it after I was done man handling it for :mrgreen: 2-3 days

Good luck!

Eric

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
gcofieldd said:
Thanks for all the replies. I am going to call them tomorrow and see whats up. I should have taken pictures but I did not think about it. I had been messing with it all day and was frustrated. I took them off and put my regular fairings back on so I can use my bike. I do not have the patience to try and put them on again and I do not think my head lights can handle any more abuse. I will let you guys know what happens.
well now that its to late to help, ill let you in on a secret, cover the parts of your bike you dont want getting scratched with scotch tape, helps to atleast reduce the amount of scratchin :cheers

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I talked to OPP today. The guy said he was sorry and they are sending me a new upper. Hopefully it will work then. I will have to wait untill next month though. Hmmm. I hope everything goes right then.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
atleast they are tryin to fix your prob, some places would just say oh well its your own dam fault. keep us updated on how it goes :cheers

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You know I was thinking about it and I wish I had never bought this stuff in the first place. It is going to be another hassle trying to get this stuff back on and I know it will still not fit just right. I think it would take an act of god to get my money back though.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have been thinking about it some more and I am going to try and make the best out of it. I am going to get the upper and lower clear coated to improve the finish and get rid of most of the imperfections. I think that will help a lot. I am going to bore out the mounting holes and put rubber grommets in them. That should help adjust the fit. If any body else has body mounting tips please let me know. :cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts