Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I eat my R6
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've had my 08 r6 for 2 weeks already. I got like 700 miles on her and today i noticed that i have a screw on the rear tire. Now my question is should i patch the tire or what. i really dont want to buy a new tire when this one is already new... What should i do?

·
Registered
767 Posts
My first tire had a staple after about 1500 miles. It really sucks, i'm on my 4th tire after 11k miles, and not because i ran out of tread; there wasn't anything i could do about the staple, but if the screw went straight into the tire (it's a hole, not a diagonal cut or something), you should be okay patching it with the normal sticky strings patch, but DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!! It's always best to replace the tire right away, but my last tire had a patch for the final 1000 miles of its life and never lost a single psi. I got it at autozone, it said it was motorcycle-specific, but it might be the same stuff as the car ones. Make sure you get a vulcanizing plug. Good luck, man

·
Registered
208 Posts
i tried to patch my current tire... still leaked air but very slowly... so i put a plug in it and it sealed it... i am unconfident in it so i ride easy and plan on replacing it next week

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I would replace it.

·
My R6 ate me
774 Posts
deff replace it, me personaly i wouldnt ride on a patched tire

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
Replace the tire. I had a nail in mine after 600 miles. I patched it and now I have 5800 miles on it but I dont run the bike hard. Last season on this tire and I will replace both. I am just lucky.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
as much as it sux and its a pain, its just the peice of mind of knowing your tire isnt patched... get a new 1!

·
I eat my R6
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah u guys are right im heading to the dealer right now to get a new tire. thanks every one for ur comments

·
I eat my R6
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so i just got back from the dealer..i bought the michelin pilot tires, they pretty much top of the line!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts