Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I'm leaving my house today - I live across the street from my Campus's main motorcycle parking area - I see this bloke on a new 1098 Duke.

He goes to start it up, and it takes quite a few tries. I'm not sure if this is typical for a Ducati or not, but nonetheless here he is, starting it up. As soon as he gets it to actually stay on, he winds it all the way up. Now I'm sure this must be some sort of ancient "I had a carb operating muscle car that I revved the shit out of in highschool to start, so I'll do it with my motorcycle" mentality or something... Anyways, he revs it up right away, pops the clutch, and lurches about 3 feet, instantly killing it again.

Now hes in the middle of the street with traffic, so he starts it 2x over again, complete with full wind ups (cold wind-ups mind you), and lurches forward, down the road to the stop sign. Here, he manages to keep it running, pops the clutch and bogs the bike waaaaayyyy down...I was pretty sure it would kill it again - but this time the Duke must have reached way down deep and found enough umph to keep itself going. He blasts down the road, out of vision, and I think thats the last I'll see of him. But no, about 2 seconds later, I hear him rev it up real high, and then its immediatly followed by a host of backfires - followed shortly by him winding the motor up again and blasting out of hearing range.

Now I don't know if this is typical Ducati behavior (to have problems starting) and I don't know if the typical Ducati REQUIRES (in every sense of the word) a warm up period, but this guy must rank in the worst abuser catagory. I mean come on, obviously the bike wasn't warm enough to even run, and the guy is trying to wind it out. I mean, perhaps the reason the new 1098 doesn't even start right is because this no talent bloke is trying to ride it before it starts!

Anyways, this prompted me to ask the fellas here what they can think of for worst Motorcycle abuser. I don't mean squid - I mean abuser. (this guy was wearing some real nice leathers for sure)

Lets hear em!

·
Registered
74 Posts
ive been seein a lot of people lately lettin their bikes hit the rev limiter for extended amounts of time.. like 15seconds or more.. that cant be good for it can it? i mean i hit mine... but only for a second or two at most

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
So as I'm leaving my house today - I live across the street from my Campus's main motorcycle parking area - I see this bloke on a new 1098 Duke.

He goes to start it up, and it takes quite a few tries. I'm not sure if this is typical for a Ducati or not, but nonetheless here he is, starting it up. As soon as he gets it to actually stay on, he winds it all the way up. Now I'm sure this must be some sort of ancient "I had a carb operating muscle car that I revved the shit out of in highschool to start, so I'll do it with my motorcycle" mentality or something... Anyways, he revs it up right away, pops the clutch, and lurches about 3 feet, instantly killing it again.

Now hes in the middle of the street with traffic, so he starts it 2x over again, complete with full wind ups (cold wind-ups mind you), and lurches forward, down the road to the stop sign. Here, he manages to keep it running, pops the clutch and bogs the bike waaaaayyyy down...I was pretty sure it would kill it again - but this time the Duke must have reached way down deep and found enough umph to keep itself going. He blasts down the road, out of vision, and I think thats the last I'll see of him. But no, about 2 seconds later, I hear him rev it up real high, and then its immediatly followed by a host of backfires - followed shortly by him winding the motor up again and blasting out of hearing range.

Now I don't know if this is typical Ducati behavior (to have problems starting) and I don't know if the typical Ducati REQUIRES (in every sense of the word) a warm up period, but this guy must rank in the worst abuser catagory. I mean come on, obviously the bike wasn't warm enough to even run, and the guy is trying to wind it out. I mean, perhaps the reason the new 1098 doesn't even start right is because this no talent bloke is trying to ride it before it starts!

Anyways, this prompted me to ask the fellas here what they can think of for worst Motorcycle abuser. I don't mean squid - I mean abuser. (this guy was wearing some real nice leathers for sure)

Lets hear em!
sounds like this guy impacted your life in some way. Ive got better things to do than watch other men ride motorcycles... i ride my own.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
Worst thing I have seen lately was a chain on an 04 R6 that looked like it hadn't been cleaned, lubed, or adjusted since it left the factory.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
You shoulda chased him down and kicked him over while he was still trying to ride :FU

·
Registered
91 Posts
sounds like this guy impacted your life in some way. Ive got better things to do than watch other men ride motorcycles... i ride my own.
ooouuuch.... :bash

·
Born 2 Ride YAMAHA
788 Posts
His daddy probably bought it for him. Moron.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts