Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Theturtle7023
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at the track this weekend I noticed something that I can't figure out. At NCCAR, I am coming out of turn 11, the last turn before the half mile straight, at around 50-60 mph and then full throttle getting up to around 135 in 5th (on my messed up speedo). When I leave the pits, which is about 1/4 mile down the straight away, I end up at around 130 at the end of the straight away. So somehow in an 1/8 mile, i'm only gaining 5 mph, when I already have a 50+mph head start. I tried playing with gear selection, when I went to full throttle... and found that even if I opened it up at the apex at full lean angle in 2nd gear, I wasn't getting the same power I usually do. Is there anything that could be wrong with the bike that reduces power when leaned over? Anything else that give an explanation?

·
Registered
108 Posts
What kind of RPM do you have exiting turn 11?

Speed gains after 130 are harder to get.

Does the bike seem slow compared to other 600's?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
until you figure out the correction for error, you can't really answer that question.

5mph difference on your "messed up speedo" could be 10-15mph actual difference

·
Theturtle7023
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yea the final speed isn't really what I am worried about, just the easiest way for me to explain it. For more detailed info, I tried everything I could to figure out whats going on.

I can ride up on someone coming in and out of the apex and then they leave me down the straight. If i'm closing on them throughout the turn, and i'm on the throttle before them, they shouldn't leave me like they are on a 1000.

I noticed that while in 2nd gear at probably 10k, I could open the throttle at any point and not get full power. In 2nd gear, fully leaned over, I would think I would break loose and probably highside, but it just kind of felt bogged down as if I was in 6th gear trying to take off. So basically, for some reason after that slow turn, my engine doesn't want to respond like it should. Not having that problem anywhere else though, but that is really the only spot on the track that i'm going that slow to a WOT for long enough to notice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts