Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never been a fan of neon lights on anything-car, truck, motorcycle, etc., I saw something that did look cool though.

Guy pulled up on a totally chromed out custom cruiser (very nice looking bike). the bike was all chromed out with purple and silver paint. he had strategically placed purple LEDs in several locations. It actually looked very cool.

I thought about buying some LEDs and hard-wiring them in with a switch. It would be a lot of work to wire them all in, make them work, install a switch and hide the wires.

**IDEA:

I am going to buy a few of those LED keychain light thingies (the ones that the crackheads at the clubs flash in eachothers eyes when they are rolling), cut off the keychain part to leave only the light, and double-sided tape them to some of my own strategic locations around the frame hidden out of sight. I think it will look pimp.

If I do it and it works out AND it looks cool, I will post some pictures.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Right on. Can't wait to see. Don't forget about the new Product Review section. Maybe you can give a step by step account of how you did things so if it do come out pimp pimp, then other interested parties can try it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I like the idea. Seems like it would be hard to turn on/aff all of the LED's.

Maybe try something like this LED tube from AutoZone

Click Here

·
Registered
6 Posts
led's are a very very simple install, i can give ya'll the details if you want, but it all comes down to drilling a 5/32 inch hole and snapping them in, they come with their own "grommet" and after that, two wires, positive and negative taht you hook up to a switch. . .

pep boys has several colors for 4.99 in a 3 pack
auto zone has several colors for 9.99 in a 3 pack

dont buy on ebay, ripp off, they are cheap to buy, but shipping is 30 bucks or somethin crazy like that.

by the way, LED tubes are a bad idea on bikes mainly because they arent waterproof, mainly for use INSIDE cars and trucks, email [email protected] of specific instructions and pics of my bike with LEDS

later on!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Man, he would have had to dig deep to find that old thread.
You'd of thunk he would have known that huh?

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
the beauty of the search button! LOL

wonder if jasamb is ever gonna post those pics!!! LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts