Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, how'd you guys get in your accidents?? What happened?? Who's fault?? You ok?? Any way to avoid it??

My nearest was in a factory parking lot...totalled my F2 doin' a wheelie. My fault...my hand slipped. Came close on I55 into the city, almost ran into my cousin. He's a big fan of downshifting rappidly...so he slows down a lot, with no warning, and no brake light...that would have been a bad one. I was a new rider, with a woman on back, and no jacket for her or helmets for either!! I would recommend controlling your downshifting with your clutch to control it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
PolishPete said:
Hey, how'd you guys get in your accidents?? What happened?? Who's fault?? You ok?? Any way to avoid it??

My nearest was in a factory parking lot...totalled my F2 doin' a wheelie. My fault...my hand slipped. Came close on I55 into the city, almost ran into my cousin. He's a big fan of downshifting rappidly...so he slows down a lot, with no warning, and no brake light...that would have been a bad one. I was a new rider, with a woman on back, and no jacket for her or helmets for either!! I would recommend controlling your downshifting with your clutch to control it.
tell your cousin to flash his brake lights really fast when downshifting to slow down. it helps alot.

·
Registered
65 Posts
4 Way Stop Sign, went through the center of it at night with all the loose pebbles and crap, just got a pipe burn on leg. Those fucking loose pebbles and stones will get ya every time if you aren't careful.

·
Registered
318 Posts
PolishPete said:

Came close on I55 into the city, almost ran into my cousin. He's a big fan of downshifting rappidly...so he slows down a lot, with no warning, and no brake light...that would have been a bad one.
2 weeks after getting my bike I was riding with 2 friends.. one has a 600rr other has a gsxr 750. Well the kid on the 600rr was in front of me and started to accelerate so I did the same... next thing I know he is slamming on his breaks cuz he sees a cop car coming over the hill. I slam on my rear brake (just a reaction) and lock it up, slide for about 5-10 feet and recover. I was following the 600rr with about 20-30 yards in between us so its not like I was right on his rear tire. Just him hitting his breaks hard scared me and being the newbie I am I just reacted and slammed on the breaks. I didnt go down but I guess locking up the back brake helped me out so if I do it again I wont be worried or anything....

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
closest thus far (been riding since last Friday) was on the first day (Friday). I was going around a corner and I knew that there was stones on it. Being a back road, sharp corner, and steep hill right afterwards. I went in to it very slow, and came out very slow but right after I started to go straight the back end hit some stones and kicked about 1-2".... I was not too worried since it was small, but the whole idea of the kick out on my brand new 6 scared the crap out of me...

I'm ok, Bike is ok, do not get on the gas anywhere near rocks.

·
Registered
953 Posts
i was going around a turn next to a car. the guy in the car looked like he was picking his nose so i was looking at him instead of where i wanted to go around the turn. i nearly slammed into the side of him just because the bike wanted to go where i was looking. valuble lession. that was probably the first time i realized how fast 90+ really is. as soon as i hit that turn that car came close really fucking fast. thank god the 6 turns like a god.

look where you want to go not at what you are trying to avoid!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
wrecked once driving on wet roads, took a turn locked up the handlebars to the way i was turning then boom on its left side leaving me with a scratched fairing and clutch cover, next one i was riding with a buddy and him and another car stopped in the middle of traffic because of a merge lane! IDOIT! i tried to slow down only to go over on a stoppie i wasnt trying to do. my helmet saved my life and my handlebar broke i got minor road rash, i was like 15 min away from home it was so hard to ride home when your throttles hanging off the side!
:cuss

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dropped it rolling up to a stop sign. Shoe lace got wrapped around the rear brake pedal and I was leaning to that side to put my foot down. Car in front and to each side so I had nowhere to move forward...had to ride it down. So far thats my only down. Only got a few minor scratches and a broken peg and brake lever

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
BlackWRX02 said:
.... Shoe lace got wrapped around the rear brake pedal and I was leaning to that side to put my foot down. .....
I did that on a bike a few times... The sense of helplessness when you know there is nothing that you can do but hit the ground... I learned my lesson and not tuck all laces into my boots when riding.

·
Registered
52 Posts
drhodes said:
BlackWRX02 said:
.... Shoe lace got wrapped around the rear brake pedal and I was leaning to that side to put my foot down. .....
I did that on a bike a few times... The sense of helplessness when you know there is nothing that you can do but hit the ground... I learned my lesson and not tuck all laces into my boots when riding.
Glad to know I'm not the only one this has happened to :mrgreen:
I couldn't believe it. Everyone just watched me fall over. Nobody asked if I was ok or tried to help. Just stared, and then drove off :rolleyes:

Laces are tucked for sure now. :!:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Almost had one a couple weeks ago. It was the first good ride of the year, and i just got done doing my 520 conversion etc..

The weather was about 50, but the roads were alot colder yet. Anyways....those of us that have geared down know how fun 2nd gear is at 9000rpm's in the twisties!! I hit the appex and grabbed the rest of the throttle...........Ended up being a Rossi look alike as my rear broke loose and kicked out about a foot on me. I was in no way prepared for it to happen, paniced and almost launched me into what would have been a nasty highside.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
BlackWRX02 said:
drhodes said:
BlackWRX02 said:
Glad to know I'm not the only one this has happened to :mrgreen:
I couldn't believe it. Everyone just watched me fall over. Nobody asked if I was ok or tried to help. Just stared, and then drove off :rolleyes:

Laces are tucked for sure now. :!:
umm hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha im laughin at you :mrgreen:

JK ive had somethin close to that happen but luckily my pants leg let go before i hit the ground.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Luckilly i haven't gone down yet but my buddy went down just a while back...we live out in the country and he was out riding and hit a patch of gravel going round a corner and laid it down. he was alright and the bike just got scratched up (took us three days to get all teh mud off though).

·
Registered
182 Posts
I came close last Friday. I was riding to work and took the normal route and normal turns but on Friday I had to leave home about one hour earlier in the moring and the fog was just clearing out.

Just two 3 lights from my house on the first turn, I took it at about the same normal speed with a slight brake (front and rear) pressure and I noticed immediately that the bike was sliding. I fight to regain control and luckily I did regain control after two or three slides. I thought I was going to hit the curb and fall.

Now I am more caution when I make a turn.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I was in the twisties going downhill. I hit this really sharp left hand turn, rather tighter than a U. I was going about 15mph, and I was leaning and looking through the turn pretty good. One problem.

Rear wheel hits some camoflauged gravel. Rear wheel skids out, and I'm heading straight for the bushes. I side-slide for about 3 secnds, and stop in time before my eyeball gets poke out by sharp branch (hence the lid was flipped up). Whew...close call. Pucker factor X5.

That was it. No other crashes, only close calls.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.