Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
www.1seven1.com
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an Active quick-turn throttle installed on my '06 and it seems to work well. Had to pull the tank etc to get the new cables installed, but I like the way it turned out. Not a radical change (the OE throttle is pretty quick), but it should be just about right. It was MUCH CHEAPER than the $650 factory kit throttle.

I'll report back after next weekends races.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts

·
www.1seven1.com
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice looks great!!!! i love my quick turn throttle, its freaken awesome.

i made my own .... check it out....
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773&highlight=quick+turn+throttle&page=2
I tried making my own and I didn't like the way it turned out. Plus the throttle stops were a little funky. I figured the risk of failure was too high during a race.

My Active works great. It's maybe only 20% quicker than stock with the biggest throttle tube, but it that's about perfect. I can go from WFO to trail braking a lot smoother now. We have one series of turns at Miller that was really kicking my ass ... two fast rights and a left called "gotcha." Now I can go WFO leaned way over right at about 120 to quick left rolled off the gas and trail braking without upsetting the chassis too much. It's still a bitch of a turn however.

Anyway, that's the report. The cost was around $170 and probably not worth the trouble for street riders unless you've got hand or wrist troubles. For track use it's killer.

-D

·
Registered
8 Posts
I find from jumping for my VFR NC30 to the 06 R6 the throttle is much longer, the race bikes we run we use quick MX ones which are throw away in a crash and only cost about £40 a pop, but the quality isnt good enough for the road so I am checking my options, I dont want to modify the standard as i will probably end up buying a replacment anyway. First track day in september so Ill see if it helps my head get over it and if not then il buy a replacment.

PS - Could you need any more preload on those forks? lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts