Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Acumen Digital Gear Indicator DG8

this digital gear indicator is a good to have when you dont have a clue on what gear you are in. if you have a camera and mount its a good tool to see what gear you are in during what ever portion of road you ride when you play back your tape. i got this item from kneedraggers.com. it was about $120 for the plug n play.

the instructions was easy to read and follow. but i found one thing wrong with it, the part it says to find the connector for the counter shaft sprocket sensor is under the left side of the tank. its not, its under the right side. that is the only thing wrong with the instructions. if you installed a speedohealer then you know what i mean. programming the unit is easy as following the instructions.

good points - plug n play version was very easy to install. looks like a nice and clean installation. like i stated earlier great to know what gear you are actually in. combine this item with a camera and mount and you have a learning aid for a track or what ever roads you like to ride. just play back the tape and its good to know what gear you should be in for each corner.

bad points - just a slight problem with the instructions as to where the speed sensor connector is supposed to be. it only shows what gear you are in half a second after the clutch lever is released. when you pull in the clutch it just shows a dash. during installation you will lose any milage on your trip odometer because you have to unplug the dash assembly. and no your actual odometer reading will not be erased and reset to 0.

tips - get the plug n play version, less headaches looking up which wire is which on the wiring schematic and actual harness sucks. place this item where it is easy to see and take a quick glance.

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
where to buy this for less?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you put a gear indicator on the 99-02 r6 cause they don't show up on there site can I use the kit for the 03-05 r6 or what some help would be appreciated.

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
no kidding!

·
Registered
762 Posts
wow:eek5

1 - 6 of 6 Posts